The ones I know of so far
    moose general season sept 1-25 , no change in antler restriction
    early archery aug 22-28
    DM549 (Homer cow hunt) moved to oct 20-nov 20
    ptarmigan season shortened with reduced bag limit
    no action on grouse
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Dave, is there any link to any of this info out yet.
    If no, then can u clarify for me....
    do we now have an early archery season on all of the Pen, or is the archery early season still only pertain to the same old early archery areas (Mystery Crk)
    Thanks. cod
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

They cut off the front end of moose season but are running it 5 days later? That is odd. But might make me hunt on the peninsula this year instead of going north.

Sorry, my bad. Early. Archery is still just 15a&b
    thoughts behind change of dates for moose is that even a little off the front gives the bulls more time to shed velvet and clarify brow tine counts. Running a little later is in hope of cooler weather. Not sure how the 4whlr restrictions will shift.

This is almost exactly what I have been asking for. The Aug 10th start was way too early IMO. Too warm to hang an animal more than over night. Antlers still growing. Daylight running so long you had to be up at 4:30 to get in a daybreak hunt and stay up till midnight to hunt at dusk. F&G has been wanting to limit the take some, and I thought 40 days was too long. Most hunters who enjoy regular success will likely still experience that even with a shorter season. Also I can get in a permit hunt on the 10th and be back in time for archery season. I missed most of it last year while goat hunting. I love taking moose with my bow, and hated to chose between hunts. Win, win.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I have seen grouse on my last two shed hunting trips, both in places I have not seen grouse in the past, got me wondering if they are on a bit of an upswing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    This is almost exactly what I have been asking for. The Aug 10th start was way too early IMO.
    I haven't hunted that first part of the season in years and years. Have no desire to hunt in what i consider the middle of summer. Glad they're letting it go 5 days later, but even at that, I'd gladly give up another 5 days the first part of Sept to let it go till the end of the month. I've always hated that when our season is ending, in other parts of the country and Canada, they get to just START hunting for their big game. Irks me to no end....

Btw Dave.......thanks for the heads up...
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I still scratch my head on why the archery isn't carried over to 15c? I talked w/ a critter cop up falls creek rd last yr and he wondered the same thing. Said pops were up in 15c, so had no good answer why the early opening wasn't carried to south peninsula. Just how much of the 15C increase last yr was due to the fire pushing animals south and how much was due to the better graze now that the beetle kill timber clearing benefits are being seen is subject of speculation.

I, too, would like to see early start archery season in 15c.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I haven't hunted that first part of the season in years and years. Have no desire to hunt in what i consider the middle of summer. Glad they're letting it go 5 days later, but even at that, I'd gladly give up another 5 days the first part of Sept to let it go till the end of the month. I've always hated that when our season is ending, in other parts of the country and Canada, they get to just START hunting for their big game. Irks me to no end....

Btw Dave.......thanks for the heads up...
    Apparently the Dept. is trying to keep the end of season dates consistent with or not to exceed the Valley's....I guess the thinking is that if we had open season until the end of September, all the unsuccessful hunters from unit 14 would bomb down here right after their season closed on the 25th....
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Quote Originally Posted by cdubbin View Post
    Apparently the Dept. is trying to keep the end of season dates consistent with or not to exceed the Valley's....I guess the thinking is that if we had open season until the end of September, all the unsuccessful hunters from unit 14 would bomb down here right after their season closed on the 25th....
    Uh, yep...you got it.

Personally I think it should be opened that long for everybody. But I know that would never float because I'm sure they feel too many love crazed bulls would be killed to easily. In which I would say to that.........we already have to have our horns sealed within 10 days, just use that info to decide weather or not too many bulls are being killed and close it by EO if need be.

I guess I just want this for purely selfish reasons...... I've just always felt fall hunting meant those wonderful frosty mornings and possible snow. Not heat, bugs and rain. I even wouldn't be opposed to a real short general season in Sept, with another late season opener in Dec. like it used to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by bows4me View Post
    I still scratch my head on why the archery isn't carried over to 15c? I talked w/ a critter cop up falls creek rd last yr and he wondered the same thing. Said pops were up in 15c, so had no good answer why the early opening wasn't carried to south peninsula. Just how much of the 15C increase last yr was due to the fire pushing animals south and how much was due to the better graze now that the beetle kill timber clearing benefits are being seen is subject of speculation.
    I don't believe that the fire had anything to do with it because as far as I know 15c has had the most moose for quite some time. But yes, we've also wondered why 15c wasn't opened early for archers as well...??? Here you'd think with 15a and b being the weakest in moose populations, that they wouldn't give the advantage there, but would rather restrict it even more. Whereas in 15c you'd think it could afford it. I'm sure they don't look at it this way, but I would like to hear the reasoning behind it. Maybe somebody here knows...... Dave...???

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I guess I just want this for purely selfish reasons...... I've just always felt fall hunting meant those wonderful frosty mornings and possible snow. Not heat, bugs and rain. I even wouldn't be opposed to a real short general season in Sept, with another late season opener in Dec. like it used to be.....
    Exactly. That would be the cat's meow.