Thread: Sierra GameKing 225WSM

Default Sierra GameKing 225WSM

I purchased some 220 gr .323 Sierra Gameking's for my 325 WSM. I was curious if anyone has any load data for this cartridge/bullet that I could use to work with? Thanks much

I know that Lyman 49th edition has load data for that combo with varget, imr4831, RL22 and some others. What kind of powder do you have access to?

here is a link to a guy that tested that bullet with ALOT of powders in 325wsm, fwiw....

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr..._WSM_load_data

Caveat Emptor...those loads are worth exactly what you paid for them....

dkwarthog, thanks for the link. I emailed Sierra and got some info back from them. Not sure why you stated 'buyer beware' above. If you have some experience with the bullet I'd be interested in hearing it. I'm unbiased as I have not tried this yet, but have read some good reports on forums. I'd like to see if they hold up like an accubond.

I just meant buyer beware of the loads in the thread I linked. Those loads were "max" loads that one individual ran in his rifle to determine the relative velocity potential of different powders.

I've loaded the 220 SGK's in my 325 with IMR4831 and some other powders, but I dont have my load data available right now. I have not hunted with the 220's as of yet.....good luck

Got it. Thanks for the reply. I've been reloading for a few years but still consider myself a newbie and welcome the insight. Am pretty cautious, and still have loads to learn. ...pun intended

Akwired,

Have you tried any accubonds in your rifle yet? I see that you mention them.

Just curious on what kind of accuracy you may have achieved with what powder. So far Nosler Partitions have proven to be a go-to in my M70 with H4350. Have some Accubonds on hand, but haven't settled on a load.

I have some Sierras to try as well.. Keep us posted on what ya settle on.

Wild West Guns has my rifle now for a trigger job, or id be out testing myself!

Mark

200g Accubond, 62.5g H4350 was my most accurate. I don't have the chrono data anymore, but this is what has worked on several animals since I've used this round.

Quote Originally Posted by akwired View Post
    200g Accubond, 62.5g H4350 was my most accurate. I don't have the chrono data anymore, but this is what has worked on several animals since I've used this round.
    What was your COAL and Rifle? If you don't mind me asking.

All the critters I have taken so far has been with this Partition load if your interested.. 4 Shot group off of bags

200Gr Nolser P
    H4350 64Gr
    COAL 2.860
    FPS ? Need to chrono

I should have put "all critters taken with my 325WSM have been with this Partition load"..

I have taken game with different calibers

Quote Originally Posted by shimano 33 View Post
    What was your COAL and Rifle? If you don't mind me asking.
    COAL 2.857, Kimber 8400 Montana. that's a nice group

Here is another link to some 220 sgk data:

http://www.realguns.com/loads/325wsm.htm

DK--thanks, I'd found that link also.
    Mark, nice meeting you at the range last night--a great night for shooting. The IMR7828SSC seemed to group well at 65g with the 220grSGK. I'll chronongraph next time...

Quote Originally Posted by akwired View Post
    DK--thanks, I'd found that link also.
    Mark, nice meeting you at the range last night--a great night for shooting. The IMR7828SSC seemed to group well at 65g with the 220grSGK. I'll chronongraph next time...
    Likewise! Great night for shooting indeed. If only the range were that peaceful every trip..

I would have let you throw some lead over my chrono if the sun angle hadn't been so low.. I remember you asking recommendations on Chronos and this is the one I own http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It has worked really well for the price (so far).

Good luck this hunting season

Thanks for the link shimano. Time to warm up the wife to my next purchase. ha ha See you at the range!