Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knik River Run

Default Knik River Run

I just picked up a new boat. 22 Seaark Predator with the 200 Sport jet.

I am not new to jet boating as I have had a few. I haven't had one though in about 6 years and am wanting to run the Knik. It is one I haven't ran before believe it or not and I live in the valley. From what I am seeing there is a group that has run it the last few years in the spring right at ice out.

Anyone have plans to do it this year early? Looking for someone to run with while I learn and break this thing in. I have air boated up there before and if my memory serves me right there is some can openers right before the glacier. Maybe not but I thought I remembered some.

PM or reply if you plan on it.

Thanks

Funny you posted, as a buddy and i was just talking about this yesterday! I have run it first thing in the spring (as soon as it is broke up) with a group of folks for the last few years and Heck ya we are going to do it this year.
    Not sure exactly when but as soon as the ice goes out, and the first weekend we can get everyone together.
    Early in the year the water is an off green and no silt and really pretty, good time to mark channel on gps because once the water comes up and if it is flooding finding the channel can be a challange to say the least.
    The last few miles before the glaicer does have some rocks, they are pretty easy to avoid and early in the year, pretty easy to spot for memory and later summer trips when they are hidden by the chocolate milk colored water.
    As soon as we figure when, one of us will post an invite to any and all, it is always a good time!
    And if the timing dont work out for ya, I will work with you on when i can run it with you, on your schedule so you have someone to go with, always better with two boats around.
    Mike

Count me in

Congrats on the new boat. Iíve got the 2013 Predator.Did you get the Sherman tank green orCamo?Iíve wanted to go up the Knik fortwo seasons now.It would be great if Icould join you guys.I got an antlerlessmoose draw on the Knik for this fall and I have to get up there one way or another. I would like to get up the Talkeetna Rivertoo. Youíre going to have a lot of funwith that boat. Sheíll carry a lot of weight and gets great mpg if you keep itbetween 20 & 25 mph. I've got Sunday,Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesdays off giving me lots of time to playin the summer.

I have been waiting for this thread to start. Looking forward to making my maiden voyage up the knik. I have noticed there are a few newbies wanting to learn the route this year. Going to unwrap the boat today to start some spring maintenance.

Eric

I got the Camo with a black top Asus

Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-DAG View Post
    Congrats on the new boat. Iíve got the 2013 Predator.Did you get the Sherman tank green orCamo?Iíve wanted to go up the Knik fortwo seasons now.It would be great if Icould join you guys.I got an antlerlessmoose draw on the Knik for this fall and I have to get up there one way or another. I would like to get up the Talkeetna Rivertoo. Youíre going to have a lot of funwith that boat. Sheíll carry a lot of weight and gets great mpg if you keep itbetween 20 & 25 mph. I've got Sunday,Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesdays off giving me lots of time to playin the summer.

Me and Marley and probley the girls will be there as well... Ohya!!! Comon Summer!!! Urrr Spring!!!
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    I have been waiting for this thread to start. Looking forward to making my maiden voyage up the knik. I have noticed there are a few newbies wanting to learn the route this year. Going to unwrap the boat today to start some spring maintenance.

Eric
    So you're saying we can expect a huge freeze and snow dump shortly......

I'm not completely ruling out a little more snow or chilly days. But, Spring is here!

Count me in too. I made the run to the glacier solo a couple times last year. It would be nice to meet some new people to adventure with!

Amen to that, I agree!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    I'm not completely ruling out a little more snow or chilly days. But, Spring is here!

Would also love to meet up & go!

Just putting this back to the top the rivers open and I would like to tag along when everyone goes!

made it up to the glacier saturday, was a fun run.

Open from new glen launch??

Yeah it was pretty shallow at the launch but looked doable. I never drove down just from what I saw on the bridge. There was no ice at least. This was Friday.

Saweeet thanks for the update!

I talked to a dude last Friday down at the Knik River where we launch under the Glenn Highway there and he was just gettin back from runnin all the way to the glacier in his Phanton. Lots of skinny water he said but its open all the way up. For those that cant make the upcomin Thursday run with the airboaters howbout we shoot for Saturday, April 25th. There should be a little more water and the lake up top should be open by then so we will all have a place to stop and cook lunch. Watchya think???
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Im in!
    Lets Go----

I will be there...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast