Thread: Creek And Shore Fishing Recommendations

Question Creek And Shore Fishing Recommendations

Looking for recommendations for good creek and shore fishing. Some place I can take my wife and young kids along for the ride. If there was a cool campground nearby, that would be an added perk. Where would you recommend I go that i might actually catch something of a size we could eat? Thanks in advance for any info or advice!

Talking I like willow creek!

Try fishing Willow Creek for kings this time of year and later in the summer a pretty good run of silvers. My family and I stay at the Willow Creek Resort right on the bank of the creek several times during the summer. They have hookups for rv's as well as some nice tent camping spots. The kids play and throw rocks in the water while I go off and fish. It's nice because you can catch fish right off the shore at the campground or hike downstream a ways to get away from the people if you wish. Waders aren't necessary but they come in handy. Check the regs though, I think they put an emergency order out for Willow Creek. Give it a try and maybe we'll see you there.

How old are your kids? If you have young kids I would recomend trout fishing. I like Meadow creek by the old hatchery. You probably wont catch big trout till the reds come in but the kids will probably enjoy catching little trout. No need for waders most of the time.
    You can camp just down the road at rocky lake. You can fish there too, but probably better fishing on the creek. or take a swim if the weathers nice.

My daughter is just turning 3 and is all about casting off with her Disney Princess pole we got at the store. She's got a good casting arm on her too. A few times she was getting it as far out as I was mine. My wife tags along and fishes too, all while carrying the infant boy in a backpack carrier!

The one thing I learned fishing with small kids is, don't try and fish yourself. Especially if you have two of them fishing, you'll be spending your time untangling them and baiting hooks.

I fished fire lake and beach lake several times from the shore, but the only times we caught fish were when canoeing. I have had good luck on the lakes behind the Native Medical Center on Tudor, I think they are called University lake.

Default try hope

Hope across from Anchorage is a nice place too. The Pinks come every year there (someone correct me if I'm wrong). They are easy to catch. It is right on the water next to the inlet and an creek. For some reason the other side of the inlet is much nicer looking, rockier or something like that. There is also a trail up the road (ressurection trail) to hike. You can gold pan there. There is a resturaunt, and bar. A latte stand. I love camping at HOPE!!!! You might too.

go somewhere with pinks and silvers, the kids will have fun and you might catch something worth bonking
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.