Thread: Where Did You Ride Today?

Default Where Did You Ride Today?

We FINALLY(!!!!) received two inches of snow today, so I went out and beat on this thing:

I was on a lake below Bethel. Sonim doesn't have a size choice on the camera so the little pic. Sorry.
    2002 800 RMK 156" Snow-Check model.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I have a similar sled in the 700 151". Great all around machine. I put this seat http://www.wr-products.com/products/...-edge-wrp-seat on it. Worth every penny.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Looks like a good seat. I am still learning how to ride this thing.

I bought this at the beginning of last winter (not THIS winter, the one a year ago), from a guy in Kenai. BIL said it sounded good, but once here, I asked mech's to go over it only to find engine had to be rebuilt. So I bought two re-man jugs from US Chrome, Wiseco kit, upgraded to stainless VES, had the waterpump rebuilt, bought a re-man lower end with the wide-bearing mod and extra oil passages, AND had the clutches rebuilt and balanced by a guy on eBay goes by IndyDan. I cannot state how important it is to have them balanced. But....only got to ride it from stealership to my house, then down to MIL's house and back last year. Maybe 35 miles. So I HAD to get out and increase my carbon footprint. Man it was so much fun. So it's a new machine with less than 100 miles on it. I should get a new speedo and run it up to 95 using a drill motor. Hmmmm...sounds like a good summertime project.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

I actually know Indy Dan from way back in the day. I met him in the early 2000's, he brought an engine from the midwest to Idaho for me for my kid's sled. He knows his stuff.

Sounds like all the work that generation 800 needs. The 700's were way more reliable stock, but with the wide bearing lower end yours should be very reliable.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Yesterday (20 March) we did a ride on the Denali highway. A friend has a new Arctic Bearcat Long Track wide track, that he wanted to get out and get some miles on. We went to the lodge, had lunch and came back out. It day was very nice, good temps, sunny and the road was not bad. We only rode 127 miles but it was a good ride. Saw caribou, about 30 head in three groups and no birds.
    On the way back home, we saw many vehicle heading up the road, with snow machines going out for the weekend. I hope that they all have a fun and safe weekend. This is a great time of the year to get out!!!

AKDoug, yup, that's the guy. Used to post alot back on Snowest but not so much now.

Bearcat, any day out on the snowmachine is a good day, and a 127 mile ride is really nice. All our snow is gone, so all that remains for this season is to get the machine into its summer parking space up on blocks, fog the engine, and put it to sleep for the summer. I'll pray for a vicious winter this coming year.