Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hillebergs

Default Hillebergs

I have always been a fan of Hilleberg Nallos and noticed that they are making a lighter weight, 3 season model called a Anjan. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this tent. I would likely be using it for fairly early fall sheep and mtn goat hunts in August and Sept. I noticed the Anjan is made of 1000 rather than 1200 Keron outer. It certainly would be nice packing around a little less weight in my pack and I imagine if Hilleberg is selling it that it must be a decent tent.

I use a Nallo 2 for mountineering. i've never done this but I think you can just just use the fly and poles and leave the tent at home. I do that with my Big Agnes for hunting. Its lighter and roomier and you wouldn't have to buy a second tent. just one question for you, don't all the guy-lines on the Nallos tick you off? I can never get that tent tight enough for high wind camping and its hard to secure it without trees or deep snow.

I've got the Nallo 2 GT and Akto and love them both. Leave the tent stakes at home, there's always plenty of rocks for the guylines. You can also just run the tent fly without the inner tent to save weight. Probably gonna want a tarp for the ground though.

Hey guys, i'm curious how Hilleberg tents have evolved to improve the condensation issues in muggy weather. My first two HB's i tried out...sour experience. Their quality is undeniable, IMO. Thanks in advance.

LB

I don't think i've ha condesation issues, but i can't think of anytime i've camped in muggy weather in this state. i guess my biggest gripe with all the guy-lines is tripping over them every time i get up to take a leak in the middle of the night. every time.

#getapissbottle
    You'll never look back.
    Quote Originally Posted by redmammoth View Post
    I don't think i've ha condesation issues, but i can't think of anytime i've camped in muggy weather in this state. i guess my biggest gripe with all the guy-lines is tripping over them every time i get up to take a leak in the middle of the night. every time.

Quote Originally Posted by redmammoth View Post
    I don't think i've ha condesation issues, but i can't think of anytime i've camped in muggy weather in this state.
    Guess, you haven't camped much. Or if you have you sure have been lucky.......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I was contacted by a Canadian guide that told me he was fed up with the condensation in the Nallos he's used. He said he was going to try Anjans this year because the fly doesn't go all the way to the ground which may possibly allow better ventilation. I noticed a couple other tents that Hilleberg makes that are similar to Nallos but have a vent on each end of the tent. This makes a lot more sense to me and I'm curious why Hilleberg has never made this change? I would think draft on each end could possibly allow better ventilation and less condensation.

Hilleberg has also introduced a new light weight 1 man called the Enan. I am anxious to hear user reviews on that as well. It is $100 more than the slightly heavier Akto and its hard to know if the extra money is justified for the small weight savings.

Quote Originally Posted by jimss View Post
    I have always been a fan of Hilleberg Nallos and noticed that they are making a lighter weight, 3 season model called a Anjan. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this tent. I would likely be using it for fairly early fall sheep and mtn goat hunts in August and Sept. I noticed the Anjan is made of 1000 rather than 1200 Keron outer. It certainly would be nice packing around a little less weight in my pack and I imagine if Hilleberg is selling it that it must be a decent tent.

I've had 180 dollar three pound tents keep me warm and dry for over a decade...the cost of a hilly I just can't justify.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

BRWNBR, which tent specifically?

I have three different ones, two are mt hardware and ones a Sierra designs. But I can't remember the names of them. Been using them for sheep and goat hunts for over 10 years. Never a failure or leak. Meridian 1 I think is one of them....brain fart. Can't remember the others. Sprite 1
    I think is what the blue tent in the picture is. Will try to figure out the green one. Sierra designs light year 1
    Is the green tent. Love google. Lol

Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    I have three different ones, two are mt hardware and ones a Kelty. But I can't remember the names of them. Been using them for sheep and goat hunts for over 10 years. Never a failure or leak. Meridian 1 I think is one of them....brain fart. Can't remember the others. Sprite 1
    I think is what the blue tent in the picture is. Will try to figure out the green one.

Cool picture Jake, thats a beautiful spot!!!

I was there for goat. Sheep where there too though. Black bear and grizzly as well.
    Master guide 212

I was there for goat. Sheep where there too though. Black bear and grizzly as well.
    Did ya get a goat? I knew that pic looked familiar when I saw it. I'd be curious if you hunted it the same way i did.

Ya we shot a goat.
    Send me a on and tell me where it is and I'll tell Ya how we hunted it. Your pm box is full by the way.
    Master guide 212

Thanks for the heads up on the full inbox. I'll shoot ya a pm.

...the cost of a hilly I just can't justify.
    Neither can I...but I just pulled the trigger on one.

My Staika arrived this week, and it sure looks bombproof. I've been using a NF Mountain 25, but they made some recent changes to the top vents that I just can't support. I am really itching to get my Hilleberg out there for spring bear in a few weeks...and then in western AK for three weeks for moose and brown bear in the fall.

It's great to have options.

"Neither can I...but I just pulled the trigger on one"

Ummm ok?
    Master guide 212

Ummm ok?
    Well said, sir. It's just one of those things that doesn't necessarily make sense on many levels, but yet we do it for reasons that do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast