Thread: help clarifying 2015 regs from the book.

Default help clarifying 2015 regs from the book.

Can anyone explain to me why it says that nancy lake is closed as of the 25th of march and that long lake is also closed to fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by homer907 View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why it says that nancy lake is closed as of the 25th of march and that long lake is also closed to fishing?
    I don't see where it says Nancy Lake is closed as of March 25th. I do see where you may not use five lines for pike after March 15th. Which Long Lake Lake are you referring to? The one past Palmer on the Glenn, the one in the Kepler-Bradley Complex, or the one near Willow Cr. ? The only Long Lake that even closes is the one in the Kepler-Bradely Complex. This is a "Trophy Lake", so there is no retention, no bait, and they close it during the winter ( November 1-April 30) to prevent catch mortality/poaching. X Lake near Talkeetna is setup the same way.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

It'd be helpful to reference page numbers to your specific questions.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Im referring to page 47 middle paragraph below the map where it says " northern pike limits. Anglers may fish for northern pike through the ice from november 1st-march 15th between 8 am and 5 pm'

Im referring to page 47 middle paragraph below the map where it says " northern pike limits. Anglers may fish for northern pike through the ice from november 1st-march 15th between 8 am and 5 pm'
    Thanks for clarifying. As fishgod stated, the 5 line rule for pike ends March 15. You can still fish for pike after that date, but you must follow the general regulations for the area/lake.

Oh ok i thought that it was saying that you couldnt pike fish anymore.

So im still able to fish the long lake that is up at mile 86 on the glenn? I couldnt find anything abouy it in the regs

So im still able to fish the long lake that is up at mile 86 on the glenn? I couldnt find anything abouy it in the regs
    It is on the map on page 42, and does not have any special regulations pertaining to it, so follow the general regulations for the Knik Arm area.

Oh ok i thought that it was saying that you couldnt pike fish anymore.
    The reason you can't use five lines after March 15th is due to the burbot spawn. During the burbot spawn, there is a higher probability of catching burbot in March & April, especially if using five lines. Since there is no retention and fishing for burbot is not allowed year round on Nancy Lake, this regulation is for conservation of burbot. The same rational and regulation applies to Big Lake as well.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly