Thread: Look At This Sled...

Default Look At This Sled...

What will the white folks come up with next?
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/snw/4931856175.html
    What a kewl rig. Expensive, but kewl. I wonder if it has any mechanism to keep the rolling to a minimum with an uneven load. I do not see any torsion bars.
    Still kewl though.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I can not see how that is going to hold up to anything other than light load on smooth groomed trail if it had any kind of a load I could see the legs rolling up in a ball????????

I dunno. Looks good. But maybe tippy with an uneven load. Weld in some stops to keep it going too far.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Looks like it would work well to get lumber to a cabin project. It doesn't need the suspension for that though.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

i really like the stop on the rear of the sled. I think that the tippiness is increased by the height and the narrow hitch point.....
    2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
    26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
    20' Alumatech Airboat
    EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow

I'all stick with the two I bought from River boat Ron. The are tough and can haul a heavey load.

Ron's sleds are the ones all others are compared to.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Ron's sled are the ones to have. These have hauled tens of thousands of pounds.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NRick View Post
    Ron's sled are the ones to have. These have hauled tens of thousands of pounds.

Prefer Larry Heaters sled even more. The ski tips are tied to the undercarrige and tongue in case the trailer goes through overflow it won't hook the ice on exiting and send the driver over the handlebars in a sudden stop. Similar trailers but with an added improvement and copied by many.
    Bk

Heres the sleds I build, Not advertising or anything, just posting a picture, I have the front of the skis bow up a lot more and the weight load bias is towards the back, so in the powder the trailing edge of the skis sit lower. I have successfully taken these through 3 feet of powder, and not get stuck. Hopefully the picture is attached, haven't figured this system out yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images