Thread: Tapatalk issues?

Default Tapatalk issues?

Is anyone else having issues lately with the tapatalk app? For the last several weeks when I open it it tells me "failed to connect to forum, if this problem persists contact the forum admin" it has been giving me a lot of problems posting and sending pm's, most of the time I have to submit it several times before it works. It's really frustrating and the app used to work great but now not so much. Is anyone else having issues or anyone have advice on how to fix it?
    Thanks
    Tony

I have had the fail to connect message popup, but everything seems to be working fine
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

It's really been giving me a lot of problems lately I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and still have the same problem it says to contact the forum administration if the problem persists so I'm hoping one of the admins see it and can help me out

Haven't had any problems on my end, and at this point I'm not sure what I could change to address the issues you guys are having. Are you connecting on an iOS device or Android?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Haven't had any problems on my end, and at this point I'm not sure what I could change to address the issues you guys are having. Are you connecting on an iOS device or Android?
    I am using android. OK if there's nothing you can do hopefully they will do an update and it'll get fixed that way. I didn't think there was much you could do but it said to contact you.
    It's just frustrating, I love the forum and use my phone most of the time to access it. Thanks for looking at it

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Is anyone else having issues lately with the tapatalk app? For the last several weeks when I open it it tells me "failed to connect to forum, if this problem persists contact the forum admin" it has been giving me a lot of problems posting and sending pm's, most of the time I have to submit it several times before it works. It's really frustrating and the app used to work great but now not so much. Is anyone else having issues or anyone have advice on how to fix it?
    Thanks
    Tony
    I'm having the same issues. Also using Android.

I'll add that after the "failed to connect...." error, the forum pops up directly after. I've been unable to reply to threads but have only tried once per attempt.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Yep same issues. It started when tapatalk changed their format.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Android here and its doing the same thing to me. Ever since they changed to the new layout a few months back the App has been crappy. Was actually thinking about finding an old version of it and installing that one in place of the new one.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Hi folks,

Some time ago I was informed that while Tapatalk has a lot going for it, they sometimes issue some sketchy code when they update. We are following up on this issue and will keep you informed.

Frankly, as the site owner the biggest issue I have with Tapatalk is ad blocking. As most of you know, the greatest contributors to keeping this site up and running are our advertisers. At the same time, the site depends on traffic, and some participants feel they have a better user experience if they don't have to look at ads. So we have to walk the fine line of attracting traffic, while paying the bills. As it stands today, my preference is that our readers see the ads, so they can help support the site. This isn't about enriching my bank account (I don't take a paycheck from this). It's about staying alive and keeping this service up and running.

At any rate, we are looking at some alternatives, and are very interested in any suggestions you might have.

Regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

I stopped using that app several months ago when they changed format. I never understood why a forum would be on it as Mike said no ads get thru. Also why tap talk would think its ok to utilize other people sites and block their source of income doesn't seem right to me.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Are there any other ways to connect to the forum through a mobile device.

That's exactly what we are looking for right now. I have heard that our forum software has that capability, but we have to upgrade and there is a down-side to that. Too much to go in to here, but it's technical, not financial. Anyway we are checking it out.

Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    That's exactly what we are looking for right now. I have heard that our forum software has that capability, but we have to upgrade and there is a down-side to that. Too much to go in to here, but it's technical, not financial. Anyway we are checking it out.

Thanks!

-Mike
    Fantastic. Keep us informed

I use safari on my old beater iphone works fine. Adding pictures is not a success all the time but it wasn't to successful with tap talk.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Another issue with tap talk is the amount of function you lose not going to the actual site.
    Unknown author