Thread: Advice on pannel mounted kicker control

Default Advice on pannel mounted kicker control

I just received my new king Fisher and love it. I tried to save some money by not having the factory install a kicker for me and just use the one I have and install it myself. I have a 8hp yamaha with a side mount controller. I don't want to install the side mount now that I see the boat because it will not look aesthetic (when you pay that much you want things to look right).

I called the factory and talked to them and they reccomended a pannel mounted controller. My problem is, looking at the boat it looks like quite a challenge to put one in after the fact. I have a space that i think will work, but not sure if I want to tackle this or not. Anyone out there with any experience in this?

My new outboards have a troll feature on them, but they are 150's and I don't really want to put the hours on them trolling.

A pic of your aft station would be nice. I was worried about running into this myself. I'm probably not as smart or inventive as you and others so I just sucked it up and paid the extra $$$ for the binnacle mount kicker control box included in the build. I did my old boat main and kicker rigging and built an aft station so I might have an idea if you can upload a pic. Hint Hint, we wanna see your new ride lol

Quote Originally Posted by archertom View Post
    A pic of your aft station would be nice. I was worried about running into this myself. I'm probably not as smart or inventive as you and others so I just sucked it up and paid the extra $$$ for the binnacle mount kicker control box included in the build. I did my old boat main and kicker rigging and built an aft station so I might have an idea if you can upload a pic. Hint Hint, we wanna see your new ride lol

Sorry, was out sick all week so i havn't been able to catch up with posts. I think i'm going to bring it in and have the local boat dealer do the work, I just don't trust me Here are some pics, its a little dirty from the haul up but a beauty to me anyways. We are naming her "the Juneau Glacier" and will have a picture of the glacier with the name on it next week (G.F. Sherman doing the work). You would have to know my name to understand the reason for the boat name. Hint....their the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So that isn't the Coastal Express model, that is the larger Weekender or Adventurer model. The Coastal Express is narrower and more bare bones. Sweet boat, let us know what performance numbers you get with those twin 150s.

Sobie2

Nah Sobie , I'm the one who ordered the narrow bare bones boat