Thread: Enclosed trailer for a SXS?

Default Enclosed trailer for a SXS?

I know nothing is garaunteed but I'm just looking for some experienced advice

My new Ranger 570mid will be ready in a week or so but I have a line on an enclosed trailer NOW

Trailer door is 73", ranger is 73" plus the roof (another inch?).

the seller tells me that the angle coming up the ramp gives him 2-3" clearance with his UTV. Obviously the best thing would be to try to load MY Utv, but little details like not having it yet and 200 miles distance make that impractical, so looking for a little help living dangerously!!

I have a Ranger 6X6 with a full cab and a 24' enclosed trailer. Like you mentioned the door opening is less than the actual inside height of the trailer. I scrape the roof of my cab most every time I go in or out of the trailer. Like he mentioned to you. I scrape on a flat level parking lot. If the nose of the trailer is low, that creates a steeper ramp angle and I can get in and out without hitting the roof. It is VERY tight inside. I only have about an inch of clearance between my Ranger and the trailer. I've hauled this thousands of miles all over the state like this for 2 years now. I can tell you this. No matter how tight you try to tie down your wheeler it WILL hit the roof of your trailer. My roof is now bowed up 2-3" in the middle from contact. If that is no acceptable to you, keep shopping til you find a taller trailer. Also since the wheeler is going to be brand new, keep in mind of any mods you many wish to do down the road. Larger tires will eat up your clearance. Any kind of lift or moving shocks into a different position. Where you are able to mount auxiliary lighting... the list goes on. Just things to think about. I do have 27's on mine. And moved my shocks. Stock it cleared fairly easy. But no way my Ranger was staying stock. I'd haul it on an open trailer first! I would like to upgrade to a taller trailer one day. Just isn't in the budget for now so making do with what I have. It works. But not without scrapes and a funny looking roof should you get above it and look lol.

OP, what is the reason that you are looking at an enclosed trailer? I know that they are nice to have, keep gear a LOT CLEANER, and keep gear more secure. They do tend to limit what one can also do. My daughter does have a 26' enclosed trailer that they use to haul their 'toys' which and it is nice, but they do not any SxS with tops and high roll bars. We have a flat deck trailer that has a 18' deck and prow front end. If need be, I can load our Prowler and two Arctic Cat four wheelers on it along with several five gallon fuel containers. I have also made a ,meat rack, that can be mounted on the trailer so that we have someplace to hang game meat when we need to. Also the open flat bed trailers are a lot less expensive. Jusr suggesting that you look at all options.

I'm now on my third enclosed trailer for just the same reason, I kept on buying taller side by sides, adding taller tires, lifts, roofs, ect... the beavertail does help and parking downhill with the nose of the trailer lower than the back end helps also. after we bought my wifes 800 rzr with a roof last year and having to deflate and inflate the tires each trip she finally had enough, and ordered me to get a new trailer that would accomodate both the 6x6 ranger and her rzr 4. Hers has a roof, and is soon to have a 3" lift and bigger tires... I have ordered a new all aluminum pro line trailer with a 7' ceiling and a 3" beavertail to assist loading... I can dry camp in it, keep my machines in it over the winter, but it does limit me to how I can load stuff.

You can lower your air pressure and lower your roof height or you can take a couple of ratchet straps hooked to the suspension and pull the frame down at the arms to reduce your height.

Last thing if your suspension is at full extension when sitting empty take some of that spring pressure off. You should be only about 75% extended empty. You will get a much better ride. Then if you need the extra height for the mud just a matter of cranking the springs back up.

I have a tall enclosed toy hauler but the bed in the back lifts up to the roof and limits me to about 77". I figure when I lift it I will just pick up a makita impact gun and a spare set of dinky tires. Same way they haul monster trucks plus they will cut down on mud in the camper.