Thread: 30 guns stolen from wasilla residence

Default 30 guns stolen from wasilla residence

Thieves. Hope they get caught and hung. http://m.ktuu.com/news/safe-dozens-o...glary/31755162

Release Lake Trout

If you have 30 guns, you need a safe they can't carry off and an alarm system.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I like the comments section.....cutting off the right hand so all will know for life.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    If you have 30 guns, you need a safe they can't carry off and an alarm system.
    That is a unicorn, doesn't exists . . . Been there done that! Ya need to understand that if you can move it in they can move it out and it's easer for them because they don't care what damage they do along the way. Locks only keep the honest folks honest. Alarm systems also suck, most are not that hard to defeat.

What seems to be working best right now is a video surveillance system uploading to a cloud then you put the crime all over Facebook/Twitter and so on . . . soon you have a name even here in Phoenix a city of 5 million, in Alaska you will have a name in no time! After I saw this work here a couple months ago I went to Harbor Fright and for about $350 built an 8 camera system, it's extra cool to be able to look all around from the bedroom TV when something goes bump in the night too.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I sure hope they get caught- only a couple things worse than a thief. I like your idea Andy- will look into that.
    It would be helpful to have a list of what was taken in case they pop up for sale...

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    That is a unicorn, doesn't exists . . . Been there done that! Ya need to understand that if you can move it in they can move it out and it's easer for them because they don't care what damage they do along the way. Locks only keep the honest folks honest. Alarm systems also suck, most are not that hard to defeat.

What seems to be working best right now is a video surveillance system uploading to a cloud then you put the crime all over Facebook/Twitter and so on . . . soon you have a name even here in Phoenix a city of 5 million, in Alaska you will have a name in no time! After I saw this work here a couple months ago I went to Harbor Fright and for about $350 built an 8 camera system, it's extra cool to be able to look all around from the bedroom TV when something goes bump in the night too.
    That's what basement vaults are for, build it into the foundation, it's hard to carry houses... I'm really amazed more people don't do that up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    That's what basement vaults are for, build it into the foundation, it's hard to carry houses... I'm really amazed more people don't do that up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes that is what I did up there, I like vaults. But any of this stuff only keeps honest folks honest, anything man made can be man un-made. At best you will slow them down and make them work some but if they want it bad enough they will get it.

Get video footage of them working and sooner or later someone on the web will recognize themeven if they hide their face we all have distinct movements and such.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

years ago on another forum we had the gun safe discussion. A cop was providing insight for his expiences in FL. He had seen home security video of a Pacific Islander using ratchet straps to back pack carry a 21 gun safe out of the garage and into a box van. That safe (basic UL rated gun safe) had 25 long arms and 10 pistols in it. Could have weighed 600 to 900 pounds, and one man carried it out.

In another home security video two guys used a gas powered chop/demo saw to cut the sides of the gun safe that was bolted down. A lot of noise in a closed garage but it took them less than 5 minutes to open the side with three full cuts and a partial at the bottom. Their van was a fake carpet cleaning service box van. Looked legit.

In another video two kids used a grinder with a cut off wheel found in the garage to cut the hinges off a gun safe. They gave up after smashing the key pad. If they had known that the safe was just thin sheet steel they would have gone through the side with the grinder and cut-off wheel.

In another video a guy backed up to a garage door and used some kind of grapple to puncture the door and pull it down out of the tracks. Two guys loaded most of the garage into the pickup in a few minutes including a 21 gun safe.

His advice was to get a video system, bolt down your gun safe (you can rent a Hilti hammer drill to set anchors), then build a closet around your gun safe to make it harder to cut into the sides. Build that closet with thick plywood and not sheet rock.

Of these crimes only the two kids were caught as they lived a few houses down the street. In his area he gets guys coming in from all over FL to pull stunts so they seldom catch them or recover property.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    Of these crimes only the two kids were caught as they lived a few houses down the street. In his area he gets guys coming in from all over FL to pull stunts so they seldom catch them or recover property.
    This is where the social media thing comes in these days, toss up video of a huge Islander packing a safe like a child with a backpack and it will get around and somebody will know who he is. I know it can work because last summer here in Phoenix a guy lost 30 guns, he posted video of it on a local facebook gun trading group and within days he had names and directions to one of their houses . . . and these were hoodie cloaked illegals that looked like a million others around these parts.

Mine here years ago they tossed a chain around it and drug it out with a truck dang near taking my house down. I have heard a roomer of one in Alaska near Willow where there was a walk-out basement, the safe was on the first floor and they backed a stolen truck in the basement to under it then cut the floor with a chain saw so the safe fell in the truck.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I'm not sure if I have told this story here before or not. If so it was long ago. Back in the early 70's my dad was building a new house on the outskirts of a small northern Iowa town. The back half of the lot was very wooly and there was a creek and timber beyond that. There were rabbits in abundance in that yard especially at sun up and sun down. My dad had drug in a wooden shed to store his tools in and placed it in the back yard next to the house under construction. My older brother would set in that shed in the evening with the barrel of his 22 resting on the window sill waiting for the rabbits to show. It helped that he would scatter a slab of alfalfa hay in the opening for them bunnies. My brother wood leave his 22 locked in the shed every night and walk the mile home carrying his rabbits. We ate a lot of rabbits that winter. One night my brother returned home about the time that the first rabbits should be showing up. He was mad about something I could hear him fuming from my upstair bedroom. So as any 14 year old would do I slid down the banister rail so I could see what the ruckus was about. Brother's 22 was gone and there were fresh tracks in the snow coming from and going back to the Cadmus house on the hill about a half mile away. No tools gone just brother's 514 Remington. Dad got my 514 off the rack and drove my brother back to the shed. Brother killed 3 big cotton tails with my 22 whilst dad and I stuffed insulation between the studs in the new house. The next morning my dad called old man Cadmus...I say old man but he was probably about 38-40 same as my dad. Dad told him that there was a fresh set of tracks leading from his house to the shed at the construction site and then back to their house. he went on to tell Old man Cadmus that who ever made those track took the 22 rifle that was in the shed. Then my dad said in a voice that I didn't hear very often"Mr, iffen that 22 ain't leaning back agin the side of that shed by sundown then I'm coming to pay you a visit". Dad was a foundry worker at the Oliver Tractor plant back in those days. He spent all day lifting the cores out the cope and drags and then hung them on a shake out machine that would shake the sand out . He was well respected for being a mountain of a man yet very short on words. The next afternoon my dad returned home from work about the time I got home from school and asked me if the rifle had been returned. I said I reckon we will find out soon enough as big brother is setting in the shed waiting for it to come back. My Dad fearing that my brother was going to half kill the Cadmus kid said we better get over there before all hell breaks loose. When we got there, there was no sign of anybody. Upon arriving at the shed it looked like there had been some kind of wrestling match in the snow surrounding the shed. Dad yanked open the door and there sat big brother with a big sh1t eating grin on his face and the window was open with the 22 balancing on the sill half in and half out of the shed. There was a half of one of those 8ft by 16 inch bats of pink fiberglass insulation laying in the shed and Dad asked what's that about. Big brother grinning bigger than ever said the Cadmus kid wore the other half of it home tucked inside his britches and I made sure it was in his underwear packed in real tight. Big brother told the Cadmus kid that he had better not remove any of it until he was home and I can see you the whole way. That kid was a no show at school for a week. Dad said well maybe that will give him something to think about and deter him from going on to bigger and badder crimes down the road. It didn't.....he wore striped clothes for quite a while and had a best friend named Bubba. I think he moved to Alaska several years ago and had a mess of kids!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    I'm not sure if I have told this story here before or not. If so it was long ago. Back in the early 70's my dad was building a new house on the outskirts of a small northern Iowa town. The back half of the lot was very wooly and there was a creek and timber beyond that. There were rabbits in abundance in that yard especially at sun up and sun down. My dad had drug in a wooden shed to store his tools in and placed it in the back yard next to the house under construction. My older brother would set in that shed in the evening with the barrel of his 22 resting on the window sill waiting for the rabbits to show. It helped that he would scatter a slab of alfalfa hay in the opening for them bunnies. My brother wood leave his 22 locked in the shed every night and walk the mile home carrying his rabbits. We ate a lot of rabbits that winter. One night my brother returned home about the time that the first rabbits should be showing up. He was mad about something I could hear him fuming from my upstair bedroom. So as any 14 year old would do I slid down the banister rail so I could see what the ruckus was about. Brother's 22 was gone and there were fresh tracks in the snow coming from and going back to the Cadmus house on the hill about a half mile away. No tools gone just brother's 514 Remington. Dad got my 514 off the rack and drove my brother back to the shed. Brother killed 3 big cotton tails with my 22 whilst dad and I stuffed insulation between the studs in the new house. The next morning my dad called old man Cadmus...I say old man but he was probably about 38-40 same as my dad. Dad told him that there was a fresh set of tracks leading from his house to the shed at the construction site and then back to their house. he went on to tell Old man Cadmus that who ever made those track took the 22 rifle that was in the shed. Then my dad said in a voice that I didn't hear very often"Mr, iffen that 22 ain't leaning back agin the side of that shed by sundown then I'm coming to pay you a visit". Dad was a foundry worker at the Oliver Tractor plant back in those days. He spent all day lifting the cores out the cope and drags and then hung them on a shake out machine that would shake the sand out . He was well respected for being a mountain of a man yet very short on words. The next afternoon my dad returned home from work about the time I got home from school and asked me if the rifle had been returned. I said I reckon we will find out soon enough as big brother is setting in the shed waiting for it to come back. My Dad fearing that my brother was going to half kill the Cadmus kid said we better get over there before all hell breaks loose. When we got there, there was no sign of anybody. Upon arriving at the shed it looked like there had been some kind of wrestling match in the snow surrounding the shed. Dad yanked open the door and there sat big brother with a big sh1t eating grin on his face and the window was open with the 22 balancing on the sill half in and half out of the shed. There was a half of one of those 8ft by 16 inch bats of pink fiberglass insulation laying in the shed and Dad asked what's that about. Big brother grinning bigger than ever said the Cadmus kid wore the other half of it home tucked inside his britches and I made sure it was in his underwear packed in real tight. Big brother told the Cadmus kid that he had better not remove any of it until he was home and I can see you the whole way. That kid was a no show at school for a week. Dad said well maybe that will give him something to think about and deter him from going on to bigger and badder crimes down the road. It didn't.....he wore striped clothes for quite a while and had a best friend named Bubba. I think he moved to Alaska several years ago and had a mess of kids!
    Aww crap. You mean that loser Cadmus is up here breeding more losers?
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Heroin addicts are everywhere and they are always broke too, it would not surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    ...I think he moved to Alaska several years ago and had a mess of kids!
    I would bet he moved here "for the opportunities".
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    I would bet he moved here "for the opportunities".
    I know he ended up in a gang of some sort and really did head for Alaska. That was a lot of years ago. He'd be 60ish now. Hopefully but doubtful he went your way to put his past behind him and fly straight. The Terry Cadmus that I knew wouldn't look a man in the eye but beat a woman to a pulp. If he's up there he probably is hiding in the bush or has been turned to bear dung.

Tiger Eye as far as I'm concerned you live in the best corner of the world. I am truly sorry that some people see it for those kinds of opportunities. You good folk of Alaska don't deserve that.

I am no composition cop but how can anyone read that story without paragraph's?

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Get video footage of them working and sooner or later someone on the web will recognize themeven if they hide their face we all have distinct movements and such.
    I do believe that I've read somewhere that even just the surveillance "signs" posted and seen easily around the house can be a good deterrent......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jim in anchorage View Post
    I am no composition cop but how can anyone read that story without paragraph's?
    Ha Ha. Have you ever used google chrome on a Droid? It does as it chooses.