Thread: Little reminder - drawing for bear baiting supplies and 50% off taxidermy services

Default Little reminder - drawing for bear baiting supplies and 50% off taxidermy services

The deadline is coming up - the odds are pretty darn good right now.

Visit Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy's facebook page and like the post regarding the baiting supplies giveaway and discount. I do not require you to share or like my page... Just hit the like button on the photo so I can get your name in the 'hat'.

Here are a couple of examples of the quality you will get from me:

Bear baiting supplies and gift certificate must be picked up at the shop by June 1, 2015 (or postage paid to mail them).
    The certificate is good for one year for taxidermy services only (no tan only). Also good for any of the mounts I have for sale.

I don't do fish
    I don't do birds
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for entering the contest. The winner has been drawn and notified through Facebook. Congratulations to him and thank you to everyone for entering!
    Taxidermy IS art!

Love the eyes on the Lynx Juli...
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Thanks 4mer! Cats are fun - and challenging because they just tend to be unforgiving when it comes to achieving the proper 'look'... He actually will have a ruffed grouse there instead of the squirrel, but my bird guy hasn't got the grouse done yet.
    Taxidermy IS art!

Quote Originally Posted by JuliW View Post
    Thanks 4mer! Cats are fun - and challenging because they just tend to be unforgiving when it comes to achieving the proper 'look'... He actually will have a ruffed grouse there instead of the squirrel, but my bird guy hasn't got the grouse done yet.
    I once had a good taxi/guide friend (God rest his soul) that I helped sew up a life size brownie once. I watched him for hours as he just worked on the eyes to get them just right. He'd keep calling me to come look and say......"Whatcha think now Dave?" Must have asked me ten times. He really was an artist and as you know you have to be to truly get a lifelike mount.

I also remember once that he had a real nice Mt. Lion in his shop. He told me to put my face right up next to the cats' and look in his eyes. I'll never forget it as the feeling I got was that it was about to swat my face off...!!!......lol

Imo.........the eyes alone can make or break a mount.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Yep Dave, it really is art. Finding a taxi who is willing to spend the time on the details..well, usually the work produced is worth every penny.

I remember the summer I got done with taxidermy school - 15 yrs ago now. I walked into a taxi studio in Dubois Wy. Wish I could remember the name of the shop/taxidermist. He had a mtn lion/mule deer mount that was just out of this world awesome. I remember being completely awestruck by that piece. And I knew that was the level of artistry to which I wanted to achieve someday.

Thanks for sharing!
    Taxidermy IS art!