Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searching for my taxidermist....

Default Searching for my taxidermist....

Hello,
    I am seeking any information regarding Kings of the North Taxidermy. Has Anyone else gone through Ken? I Cannot seem to get ahold of this guy, its as if he fell off the face of the earth. I am getting Very Nervous, He has my once in a life time Delta Bull Bison Skull That he was sapposedly going to do a Euro Mount on... I was under the impression this was a wel known taxidermist, I would Apreciate ANY Intell, I Need to get that Bison back, it has been 2 years.

Any Recomendations? Woud it be worth Contacting the trooper or.. what sort of action should i take to track this guy down?

Thanks Everone,
    Joe
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Quote Originally Posted by joefish00000 View Post
    Hello,
    I am seeking any information regarding Kings of the North Taxidermy. Has Anyone else gone through Ken? I Cannot seem to get ahold of this guy, its as if he fell off the face of the earth. I am getting Very Nervous, He has my once in a life time Delta Bull Bison Skull That he was sapposedly going to do a Euro Mount on... I was under the impression this was a wel known taxidermist, I would Apreciate ANY Intell, I Need to get that Bison back, it has been 2 years.

Any Recomendations? Woud it be worth Contacting the trooper or.. what sort of action should i take to track this guy down?

Thanks Everone,
    Joe
    Probably depends on how well you know him and how much you trust him. My taxidermist is a personal friend. Occasionally it takes him awhile to get stuff done for me, but I know where he lives and he is a friend of mine so I trust him. If this guy is a total stranger to you and you have made every reasonable effort you can think of to get in touch with him then by all means I would call the troopers.

Hello,

Thanks Everone,
    Joe
    FWIW, his most recent business license shows him in Palmer... http://commerce.state.ak.us/CBP/Temp...e3be7be9b6.pdf
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

There was an older thread on here, like 2011 time frame that someone claiming to be the owner responded to, might search for it and try a PM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry you are having to go through this Joe. What a total drag. I wish I knew how to contact the guy for you. Unfortunately, I don't.

Hopefully someone will see this post who knows him and that will help 'light the flame', so to speak.

As a taxidermist, I can't begin to imagine treating my customers like that.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

That's a bummer...2 years seems like a long time to wait for a euro mount. Hope you find the guy.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Is it just me...............or does it seem like every 6 months someone is looking for their Taxidermist who has gone missing..........??? Or their Fishing Guide that has gone missing...........I wonder if they are drinking tequila in Mexico on the clients security deposits......???\

Was a Hunting Guide did that some years back........did not pay his Registered and Assistant Guides their earnings. Even left them in the Field.

Funny thing he came back to Alaska, and he got disappeared for good.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Is it just me...............or does it seem like every 6 months someone is looking for their Taxidermist who has gone missing..........??? Or their Fishing Guide that has gone missing...........I wonder if they drinking tequila in Mexico on the clients security deposits......???
    LOL AGL ... It does seem like that... but consider all the great transactions (tens of thousands in AK alone) between taxidermists and their customers and you realize that this situation is the rare exception. Good news travels fast, but bad news travels faster. There are far fewer people posting positive experiences they've had because, well.... it is expected.. (the positive exp)...

People are generally more eager to jump on the bandwagon, or help throw someone under the bus, than they are to lift them up - generally. That is my opinion anyway. Especially on forums like this - where personal interaction is not ... well, quite so personal...

I do think this particular taxidermist (Kings of the North) has been brought up in other threads recently...
    Taxidermy IS art!

JuliW, You ever hear of Tiny Spencer..........???

Nope...Can't say that I have.
    Taxidermy IS art!

JoeFish, i also got the run around from him with one of my projects. shoot me a text @ 227-3305 and i will see if i can help get you pointed in the right direction. I did finally get my bear rug back, almost a year later than what he said originally.
    its better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

Glad I found a good one! www.alaskawildliferugs.com

Just send him a Registered letter that he will have to sign for.

In that letter State your concerns & tell him you would like to have your skull back.

Then tell him that if you don't receive any correspondence by a certain date you will take him to court.

Then you will have to go to the court house & file SMALL CLAIMS against him.

I don't know why everyone thinks the Troopers will solve there problems with these matters.

They will tell you that this is a CIVIL matter & that means that it is between you & the other guy.

SMALL CLAIMS is the place to settle things like this.

I have had to sue a couple of my CLIENTS over the years & as long as you have EVERYTHING IN WRITING ( Such as a CONTRACT ), I have had no problem getting a judgment.

This is an unnecessary thing if the guy runs a Reputable business or on the other hand the client is honest in their dealings but it sure puts a Bad taste in your mouth after having to sue them just to get what you worked for.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

RJ,

I have to disagree with you about the Troopers. The Troopers did handle my situation like the OP mentioned above here in Fairbanks. It might not be normal for them but they did and it saved me a lot of time dealing with the court system.

glad that they helped you out with that one 450.

I will bet that That taxidermist was already in trouble with them from other dealings .

It seems like almost every year a taxidermist in North Pole gets in the paper for some violation or another. Usually the same ones. LOL
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulno View Post
    Glad I found a good one! www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Thank you, Mulno, for the kind words.
    Taxidermy IS art!

Ken sold his place in Palmer and moved to Anchorage. I believe he bought a condo in Anchorage. I don't remember his last name but if you have it try searching the Anchorage property tax website for his address then do like recommended and send him a registered letter with return receipt.

Hello,

Thanks Everone,
    Joe

Hello,

Thanks Everone,
    Joe
    Joe, His name is Ken Norris or Morris. I posted on this forum about 6 months ago about problems with him. 907-229-5482 Was his number (if he picked up). I believe I had a part in shutting him down, he was possibly the worst taxidermist that I ever dealt with. He turned my once in a lifetime brook range grizzly into a rug, when I wanted it 3/4 mounted. Very poor business skill, very poor costumer skills. I am glad he is shut down, but I am sad for you. I hope you get a hold of him somehow. I know he works on JBER as ANG, and if he is out of the ANG I know he is a civilian on base somewhere. good luck on locating him, and good luck on your bison. Let me know if you find a good taxidermist I am still looking.

Joe

I found him on the global email. His work number is 907-551-0154 good luck. Looks like email is Kenneth.Morris.6@us.af.mil

I drew a delta bison tag for this upcoming year and am considering doing a shoulder mount. I guess I know who NOT to go to. Really hope this works out for the OP.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast