Thread: Who is boss ADF&G

Default Who is boss ADF&G

In a few other threads going here many talk like we are the boss an demand answers on where money goes. Truth is each Alaskan has one share of stock in ADF&G. As a share holder its up to us to make share holder meetings and when time comes vote your share. Most Alaskans put their share in proxy of those that do go to meeting and let them vote for you.As a share holder you get to keep up with whats happening. Like share holders in all other endeavors if you want to have what the company is selling you have to pay for it, a share of stock in GM does not get you a free car every year,you got to pay or your share becomes worthless. JMOFO
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I think the point your missing is some of us express concern because we aren't given easy to find info on what they are doing, GM wouldn't have many investors if they didn't produce a publicly available prospectus.

I can find the GM prospectus in 30 seconds on the Internet, try that with even a single ADFG study.

I think you also misunderstand a few other things, I don't mind paying to play, nor do I want to tell them how to spend the money.

As in most threads recently everybody seems to be lining up in a for or against camp and not taking in the other points of the discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But even with all the GM info and share holders they keep getting bailed out and deliver cheaper products from other countries. I think here in SE we have much more info on what we have,where we need to go and how we will do it. We do have harvest tickets or registration for all our hunts.With this system F&G knows the hunter numbers,game taken, location of game taken and game seen but not taken. Hunting in Alaska is three different worlds,SE,central and north.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by limon32
    I think the point your missing is some of us express concern because we aren't given easy to find info on what they are doing, GM wouldn't have many investors if they didn't produce a publicly available prospectus.

I can find the GM prospectus in 30 seconds on the Internet, try that with even a single ADFG study.

I dunno, I just typed into google "
    alaska department of fish and game budget reports" and got this link:
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=about.budgets

And if you scroll down you'll get to the Division of Wildlife Conservation info here:
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/ho...penditures.pdf

Is that the info you're looking for, limon?

I attend quite a few local and regional F&G meetings every year and would attend BOG meetings if my hearing were better in that larger environment. I learn something every time. In fact, my old memory won't handle it all. There is a vast amount of data and experience out there if one exposes themselves to it.

I do notice that there are a lot of we old phardtz at these meetings and most of our hunting days are dwindling as is our threat to wildlife. OTOH, we don't have kids and jobs to conflict with our schedules so we can participate more often.

By attending a few meetings of various wildlife organizations [DSA SCI, YFGA, AOC], I've met like minded individuals that may be very knowledgeable in a particular area or specie and I use them as a reference source. The AC in your area of interest should have some very knowledgeable folks.

I grew up in a state where the sportsman had little if any input and believe me, Alaska has a better system but it does require effort on your part.