Thread: Kodak brown bear road system hunt

Default Kodak brown bear road system hunt

I am lookinc to hunt for brown bear on Kodak and was hoping to get some hep from people that have done this in the past. I am a resident of Alaska so I don't need a guide . Any people willing to help with some information.

They have been doing pretty well off the road system the last several years. Just get out and glass. Early early and right at dark. South road is wherein would go check land ownership, a lot of native owned land thst requires a permit along the road system.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Ya, what he said. Glass, glass, glass, walk back into the valleys away from the parking lots. Most of my buds complain about lack of bears, after asking, find out they only walked 40yds from the truck.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

I here there are some great 4 wheeler trials on Kodiak that will get you off the path and away from town . Does anyone recommend one trail
    over another? Should I even try to hunt from the road or walk out and set up a camp?

Lake miam has a lot of country back there thst is wheeler accessible. There's a trail west of pasagshak bay that gets you into good country as well. Biggest bears I've seenni spotted from the truck glassing way up.....and out.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I called and spoke to F&G and they were great gave me some ideas . I am looking to give myself the best chance possible and I don't mind getting off the main trails . We see how it goes and how much information I can get before starting the trip . Thanks to all that have offered suggestions

Larry- can you even shoot well enough to hit a BB? What about nerves--you got enough? Just hope you have enough this fall to back up a bowhunter!

Well Ken I know to shoot them before I get bitten by one unlike some people I know . And if I don't have the nerve I might just be bear bait .