Thread: Cabela's 3500w/Champion generator

Default Cabela's 3500w/Champion generator

Cabela's has their rebranded Champion 3500 watt generator on sale for $299 with the wheel kit at their stores. I've heard fairly good remarks on this generator, has anyone used one. I have a 5000w Honda but it is darn heavy and not needed to power my little 16' cargo conversion RV. The price is hard to pass up...what do you folks think?
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

I have a champion. It has served me well for what I bought it for. There was a handful of this that my Honda eu2000 wouldn't run while building a remote cabin that the champion would run so I can't complain. I got my money's worth out of it.

However for your intended use I would hands down bite the bullet and buy a Honda eu2000 inverter instead. It will last atleast triple as long thus paying for itself in that regard. It will burn a FRACTION of the fuel of a champion 3500. Half the size and much lighter. And can hardly hear the Honda run in comparison to the champ. They are very annoying. If not a honda, yamaha, Polaris or any other brand of inverter in the 2000 class. They sip fuel if not at a full load and are so so quiet.

I see you're in the states. On another forum I'm on someone posted a link yesterday to a sale on the Honda eu2000's. $899 with free shipping. I would pick that over the champ if you can swing the cost upfront. You will be much happier with that for a camper imo.

Here's the link. However like always, the free shipping offer is for the lower 48 only!

http://www.electricgeneratordepot.co...-and-oil-alert

Thanks Ultra!

I should have explained better...one of my hunting buddies has a Honda 2000 and we used it last fall and it is very quiet and does a fine job except it doesn't have enough capacity to run our electrical appliances and refrig at the same time. That's why I'm interested in the 3500 watt model. Good to hear your experience with the Champion was positive. My thought is the 3500 will do all I need even though it is heavier and makes more noise. I won't use it in camp grounds where it would bother others and I can haul it in the bed of my truck so I can deal with those issues.

Not to rub it in, but I had my Lowrider out today...temps in the upper 50's....Spring is coming...dirt bikes are getting oil changes and chains lubed. We've had a very warm Winter but we could still get a 4' snow. Thanks again for your comments!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.