Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22 foot x 60 inch wide Alaskan Freighter Canoe

Default 22 foot x 60 inch wide Alaskan Freighter Canoe

When I throw around the word "Alaskan" like some companies, this one was actually developed for "Alaska", in Alaska. Four years of college research, development, basis of my senior project, thousands of lbs of meat, fish, freight, thousands of miles of river.....blahblahblah. Gotta design from experience, right? I still gotta outfit it with UHMW runners, gunwales, seats, hardware. I also gotta do this for my buddy David's 18 ft x 58 in. Taiga Creek Freighter Canoe.

Pay close attention to actual stern geometry that works with a Surface Drive. My personal model is a 23hp/34 ft. lbs torque Copperhead.

I won't be answering pm's, I won't be posting on the forum. Too busy. I gotta be building canoes, and will be hunting sheep in August from this 22 foot Alaskan Freighter Canoe, and then moose in Sept. I will post pics occasionally of my hunts, but that is it. Only place I'll have time to update, is on my website, when it's up: freightercanoes.com

Here you go:

Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good wish you all the luck in your busness, [ canoe building ] it is big for sure SID

shoot, that's a loader! I love Alaska spirit. Visualize it, then it must be done post haste!!!!

good luck Mainer

That looks like an awesome utility freighter! Great job on pursuing your dream of being a premier canoe builder for Alaska. I wish you all the best.

Beautiful......elegants in forum and execution.

I have spent enough time in a canoe with a surface drive to understand why this design will work. Very nice job!

You might want to hire someone who knows how to market this freighter... Showing pictures with no description of the layup/materials involved, then saying you are too busy to answer questions. All the while directing them to a non-existing web site....isn't going to sell you many of these....

Cost? Weight? When will it be available?

Hey folks, thanks for the kind words.

piper and spanner, there are forum rules set in place here. As I get older, I've become a bit more mindful of those. Not being a paid customer for advertisement, you can't publicly attempt to sell a product on this forum. I only wanted to let the community be informed that the 22 ft. Alaskan Freighter is being produced, and share pictures of the skookum rig. I've watched folks bet booted, or get infractions for publicly advertising product for sale or attempting to make sales. I've been a member of this forum for many years, and I'd like to continue to do so. Building these canoes is extremely labor intensive and time consuming. I'm lucky if I get 5 hours of sleep a night. My lack of forum participation isn't because I don't want to sell boats, but because I'm too busy building customer boats as is. Anyhow, until I've permission to openly address stuff, ads are on craigs and aklist, the website will be up in a week, and I can always be reached by phone. 907-903-2101

thanks for the up date MARINER I know it will be a great canoe for BIG WATER, keep us posted , when you can , SID

Good for you Mainah...wish yah the best !!!

Hey Mainer!!

That problem of having too much business and no time to sleep is a great problem to have. I've been there and the lesson I learned the hard way is get skilled folks to help and don't kill yourself. Freighter looks like a winner so look at fabrication efficiencies to speed the build without compromising quality...easy for me to say but that's were it's at.

Good luck to ya!!!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

On Easter Sunday, the website is up:
    www.freightercanoes.com

Very impressive Mainer. Best of luck on your venture.

Just put it on my favorite list.....good looking web site !!!

Good luck mate!

Looking good Michael!

If I were a bit younger, I'd be down to see you to work out some final details on a new canoe.

My generation of Old Phardtz usually prefers that traditional green color for a canoe.......good choice!

yellow hides the scratches better!

Good job Mainer...

N61,

Yellow is perfectly acceptable for you as you're not quite an Old Phardt yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast