Thread: Ruger Grips?

Default Ruger Grips?

About 3 years ago I bought a new Ruger Blackhawk in 357M and found out it was diff than the old model I had put some bigger rubber grips with finger indents on and I gave up looking. Dug it out recently and took it for a walk and thought maybe by now someone has made an easy to install set of grips for my big mitts?
    Anybody seen or installed anything like this lately???
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AZVince; 03-06-2015 at 09:26. Reason: Deleted

Hogue is now the rubber stock used on Ruger revolvers.
    Personally I prefer the old style rubber stocks as the they don't have finger grooves.
    Lett, the company that made the rubber stocks with the panel insert, went out of business. Altamont makes a good copy of the old style rubber stocks.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I like the uncle mikes new model grips,packmayer also makes some.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...lackhawk+grips
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Hogue is the way to go for big mitts, especially on the Ruger Blackhawk. They're plenty beeg.

The New Model grips will not fit the Old Models, and vise versa, I guess.

I couldn't figger out which ones to order, because the information I had was confusing to me. Someone on this forum told me, and so I got the ones that fit. Now, shooting Hot Loads is a lot more pleasant.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Thanks for the tips my friends! Am I the only one that wonders why Ruger doesn't offer a nice set of grips as an option?
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Thanks for the tips my friends! Am I the only one that wonders why Ruger doesn't offer a nice set of grips as an option?
    Frusticating isn't it? Different grips for new model vs old model vs Blackhawk vs Super Blackhawk vs Super Blackhawk w/7.5 inch or longer barrel vs Super Blackhawk with less than 7.5 inch barrel vs Super Black Hawk Hunter.

Smokey; I just got done going round and round on this very subject. I got it straight in my head for the moment. Text me what it say's on the side of your shootin stick( "New Model Blackhawk" is my guess) with round trigger guard, I reckon? I have to go to Brownell's today or tomorrow (my motorcycle said so....71 degrees today) I will get some headed your way(IF THEY ARE IN STOCK AND THEY SHOULD BE). My new Super Blackhawk 10.5 inch 44 has a square off trigger guard and takes a whole different grip that Brownell's doesn't even stock. I'm telling you right here and now in front of God and everybody that I had to go to Midway USA and get something that should be standard inventory because Brownell's didn't have it. Your welcome Larry Potterfield...I thank you for straightening out Brownell's mess!

You good on Rooger grips Smitty?

Man Rooger puts a nice set of big ole gripper grips on this 4.2 in Redhawk then put's grips on a 10.5 in Super Blackhawk that fit my itty bitty wife. With no factory options! I'm with ya Smokey. I was riled up for two days and then got over it and now ya got me riled up again.

I've had the same problem. My Ruger is one of the 50 year models and has the same grip as the pre-72 model so if you could find some of the really old Pachmayer grips they would work. You need to decide if your grip model is the RX3-RED or the RX3 grip size before you go any further. Jim

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    Frusticating isn't it? Different grips for new model vs old model vs Blackhawk vs Super Blackhawk vs Super Blackhawk w/7.5 inch or longer barrel vs Super Blackhawk with less than 7.5 inch barrel vs Super Black Hawk Hunter.

You good on Rooger grips Smitty?

Man Rooger puts a nice set of big ole gripper grips on this 4.2 in Redhawk then put's grips on a 10.5 in Super Blackhawk that fit my itty bitty wife. With no factory options! I'm with ya Smokey. I was riled up for two days and then got over it and now ya got me riled up again.
    First of all, "I'M" the one who riled Smokey.

I'm GOOD on the Ruger Hogue Mono-grips that I now have on my BH 357, cept that the SIZE is perhaps a bit toooo, large for my hands. (Which is why I tolt Smokey that they were great for BEEG MITTS.)

They make shooting HOT loads comfortable (but I can't hammer back as easily as before.) I've considered the Pachmyer grips, but I'd hafta SEE them first, or know they are as good, and maybe a little smaller.

IME, howbeit limited to 3 revolvers, the Hogue Mono-Grips have made shooting much easier for me.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

OK Smitty, I ordered a set of the Hogues today, will let you know in a few if'n they are the cat's meow!

Alrighty Smitty, got the grips today and five minutes later they were installed and look good! They feel very good and Smitty, I would have to say they are a touch on the big side - but a very decent fit/feel. I am happy with the choice and thanks for all the suggestions...
    Gotta look around for a nice leather holster now! Oh honey, I need some more money!!!!