Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rigid industries marine led lighting

Default Rigid industries marine led lighting

Any thoughts on LED spot and flood lights for boating.
    http://marine.rigidindustries.com/pr...ighting/marine

We Run Rigid LED's on our plows and Rangers. I am having Wooldridge install a 21" LED Bar in the bow of my 20
    Alaskan XL Jet boat they are building now. Should help out on the early mornings and late nights.. And it just looks cool!

Quote Originally Posted by sisusuomi View Post
    Any thoughts on LED spot and flood lights for boating.
    http://marine.rigidindustries.com/pr...ighting/marine

unless your running in salt water all the time, the marine versions are not necessary. I think they are quite a bit more expensive for the marine

Thats bad ass!

I agree with Danielapplin the marine lights are not worth it! I made the mistake when I got my 40inch light bar for my XS...

I have all Rigid Industries lights on my Phanton as well. They are way brighter than the other brands of leds AND they are made in the USA and not in China. I wouldnt have it any other way...
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

I have both rigid and creed both work great creed light are alot cheeper dont know where they are made. We also use rigid on are patrol cars work great
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Quote Originally Posted by DanielApplin View Post
    unless your running in salt water all the time, the marine versions are not necessary. I think they are quite a bit more expensive for the marine
    I don't know what the difference is between a Marine Rigid light and a normal one. I would think the marine one's would not corrode because of saltwater getting on it and it would be strong enough to take all the pounding it would get in a boat. I'm not saying you should buy the marine ones just pointing out the difference.

As long as they have an IP68 rating you will be fine. That is full submersion water proof. I bought a China made 20 inch bar off eBay to try on our boat, if it works out I will buy a bigger more high quality bar.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

In lights like so many other things you get what you pay for. For general deck lights the cheep stuff is great. However the rigid stuff shines much much farther and wider than the knock offs do. Now having said that I still prefer light force lights if you want to reach out and touch something. Some of the newest led cannon lights might rival them but even a rigid bar won't get the distance that the light forces will. A mix of the 2 is ideal. Led for right out in front of you. Light force for distance. All depends on what you expect out of your lights or what you need them to do.

Just received 2ea 6.7" 5degree spot lights to replace my hid's on the boat, I will test one out when it gets dark tonight.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by theultrarider View Post
    In lights like so many other things you get what you pay for. For general deck lights the cheep stuff is great. However the rigid stuff shines much much farther and wider than the knock offs do. Now having said that I still prefer light force lights if you want to reach out and touch something. Some of the newest led cannon lights might rival them but even a rigid bar won't get the distance that the light forces will. A mix of the 2 is ideal. Led for right out in front of you. Light force for distance. All depends on what you expect out of your lights or what you need them to do.

i agree you get what you pay for, id have to disagree that rigid light bars dont reach out and touch something though. They have many different options available and some shine out to around 500 yards or farther if i remember correctly.

I run Rigids on my jon boat and my airboat and they're awesome. Hardly draw anything, put out a stupid amount of light and they're tough. I'll reitterate what everyone else has already said and that you certainly get what you pay for. Worth the investment to me and the type of running that I frequently do.

This one says 800meters.
    WD-8L80 spot light.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the fisher View Post
    I have all Rigid Industries lights on my Phanton as well. They are way brighter than the other brands of leds AND they are made in the USA and not in China. I wouldnt have it any other way...
    That is the very first thing I noticed MADE IN AMERICA! So that is why I wanted a few opinions on the subject. BTW no one said whether they liked spot lights for flood lights on the front of the boat.

If there is a lot of moisture or light fog, the flood light will blind you but a spot will pierce through it.

Rigid lights are assembled in the US, the parts are not made in the US. They are also 200-300% more expensive than equal foreign made lights. I like to support American made but if they are way overpriced I cannot justify the cost.

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    Rigid lights are assembled in the US, the parts are not made in the US. They are also 200-300% more expensive than equal foreign made lights. I like to support American made but if they are way overpriced I cannot justify the cost.
    OK I'll bite, what's comparable alternative.

I'm all for saving money too but still buy quality stuff. I bought this light http://www.amazon.com/Rupse-Polaris-...keywords=rupse and installed it on my ATV for moose hunting. It's been under water plenty of times and taken some abuse with no issues at all. It would be great for the front or back of any boat.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

We have been using Vision X lights for years now they seem to hold up very well on the trucks as back up lights and driving lights. They are not cheap by any means! http://www.visionxusa.com/category/transport/

I have a friend using 4 of these on top of the sleeper and a 24 light bar on the bumper. He runs from Fairbanks to Prudhoe so the lights take a beating.
    http://www.visionxusa.com/product/le...-light-cannon/
    They do have a marine model, I would like to try some on my next boat for those late august trips to the cabin where the last few miles tend to be almost dark.

http://olympusoffroad.3dcartstores.c...ting_c_12.html These guys make a decent light, my neighbor has a few on the front of his jeep and these are probably what I will buy when the time come.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast