Thread: I decided what to do.

Default I decided what to do.

I was debating over what Ruger 44 mag to buy as my new deer gun. I've been killing them for years with either a 41 mag 7.5 inch BlackHawk, 44mag in 4.5 Blackhawk or a few with my Glock 40. Still got the 40 have passed the others on to those left behind when I become a turd left in the woods. Will I laugh every time I read your avatar.

I recently announced to the locals that this was the last year that EKC was going to cut firewood for anyone other than Mrs EKC. I still had a huge pile of split seasoned hardwoods and offered it on a buy it while it's there and first come first serve basis. One elderly gentleman who has been a steady customer for years offered to buy the whole pile and I gave him a good deal since his boy were coming to get it.

This what I did with my firewood money. http://ww.gunbroker.com/Auction/View...Item=471308723 and http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=470312270 Since I am no longer in the firewood business and it funded a whole lot of my gun sending I wil hav to make do with these for a good long while.......shut up Smokey(I heard ya thinkin)!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    I was debating over what Ruger 44 mag to buy as my new deer gun. I've been killing them for years with either a 41 mag 7.5 inch BlackHawk, 44mag in 4.5 Blackhawk or a few with my Glock 40. Still got the 40 have passed the others on to those left behind when I become a turd left in the woods. Will I laugh every time I read your avatar.

I recently announced to the locals that this was the last year that EKC was going to cut firewood for anyone other than Mrs EKC. I still had a huge pile of split seasoned hardwoods and offered it on a buy it while it's there and first come first serve basis. One elderly gentleman who has been a steady customer for years offered to buy the whole pile and I gave him a good deal since his boy were coming to get it.

This what I did with my firewood money. http://ww.gunbroker.com/Auction/View...Item=471308723 and http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=470312270 Since I am no longer in the firewood business and it funded a whole lot of my gun sending I wil hav to make do with these for a good long while.......shut up Smokey(I heard ya thinkin)!
    I probably should have bought a new keyboard for this computer cuz I gotta type on this one like I'm mad or it leaves out letters! Dontcha know!

Congratulations...........Me like 10" revolver for hunting. Just my opinion but I consider my 10" Freedom Arms with a 2.5-8X EER Lupold to be a 200 + yard big game handgun.

That's a go-to combo for sure. The long sighting radius is a bonus in open terrain, while the shorter will be welcome in the thick stuff. Looked weird, but in my handgun hunting heyday I carried a 14" scoped Contender in a shoulder holster and my 4" 629 in a belt holster on the opposite side. Switch back and forth depending on the terrain, then holster both to free my hands for climbing steep terrain or dragging deer. Waaaay handier than a rifle and I didn't give up much either.

Interesting side note- I probably killed more deer with that 4" 629 than the Contender, and they were dead even on elk kills.

The Contender is long gone, but that 629 remains. That's indicative, too.

I use about the same outfit but mine is 9 1/2" SRH 44mag and the talo 3 3/4" RSBH 44mag. The SRH has a sling.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Good grief EKC - that looks like an artillery piece! I have seen ya up close and know for a fact its twice as long as your feet sooo Just say'n!

I have never been a big fan of the 44 mag - owned 2 but recoil was not to my liken much... Ordered up a EAA Witness Pavona 9mm last night for the Mrs to have - hopefully it is as good as the reviews make it to be...
    Don't be point'n that cannon to the S/E EKC, I know how badda shot you are and I don't need any incoming projectiles in my backyard!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

EKC:
    I like the one with the "Great Long Shiny Bar'l.

It looks like a goot Coyotee gun. (Using Orn Sites, even.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Good to see you finally got a pair! uh... that didn't come out right.... Anyway congrats. Looks like you've got things covered with those 2.

I recently picked up a "long barreled" gun myself. Well, 8 3/8 seems long to me. A deal came along that I just couldn't pass up. A friend of mine offered me this S&W 27-2 357, pinned and recessed, Target hammer and trigger, 99.9% for a song. He's got the original grips and box somewhere. Amazing to me how these long barreled guns really feel good in the hand. I'd sure like to have that 10" FA 454 that AGL4now has for sale.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I have that "SAME" firearm in .22 Magnum. 8 3/8" Model 17 target trigger & Target hammer. You look at them and expect them to be very barrel heavy, but they feel surprisingly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Good to see you finally got a pair! uh... that didn't come out right.... Anyway congrats. Looks like you've got things covered with those 2.

I recently picked up a "long barreled" gun myself. Well, 8 3/8 seems long to me. A deal came along that I just couldn't pass up. A friend of mine offered me this S&W 27-2 357, pinned and recessed, Target hammer and trigger, 99.9% for a song. He's got the original grips and box somewhere. Amazing to me how these long barreled guns really feel good in the hand. I'd sure like to have that 10" FA 454 that AGL4now has for sale.

That's a sweet deer killer you got there SNYD........

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Amazing to me how these long barreled guns really feel good in the hand.
    My Contender and 16 barrels may be gone, but my 8 3/8" M629 is still a proud possession. Same reason.

Great guns EKC, ifin you got to have some 44s them are good ones. I used to have a 12" 22mag German made SAA clone that shot as well as ant 22mag rifle I ever shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Ordered up a EAA Witness Pavona 9mm last night for the Mrs to have - hopefully it is as good as the reviews make it to be...
    What color did you get? I have a purple one on back order for my wife. I'm sure it will be fine, I've had very good luck with all my Witness line guns so far. Also ordered a Witness 45 compact for myself for the DA trigger here in the big city. It came in last week and I stuck my 10mm Match slide on it for kicks and been having too much fun with it to tare it down and tune it up for CCW
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Great guns EKC, ifin you got to have some 44s them are good ones. I used to have a 12" 22mag German made SAA clone that shot as well as ant 22mag rifle I ever shot.

What color did you get? I have a purple one on back order for my wife. I'm sure it will be fine, I've had very good luck with all my Witness line guns so far. Also ordered a Witness 45 compact for myself for the DA trigger here in the big city. It came in last week and I stuck my 10mm Match slide on it for kicks and been having too much fun with it to tare it down and tune it up for CCW
    Andy, I ordered the Charcoal/Silver one. JSC had plenty of all colors in stock if'n your B/O takes to long... She wanted the blue with a chrome but it is not available yet so I ordered this puppy and can order a blue if she likes this one and swap the tops out!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Nice revolver choices. I was really tempted by the Lipsey's Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Bisley model with the 3.75 barrel.

I was scrolling down through the standard Super Blackhawk models on the Ruger site. When you reach your revolver it's like KAPOW!
    10.50 inch barrel!

Andy, one of my grown children said don't leave me that one meaning the long barreled one. I reached in my wallet and handed them one of your cards and told them you could give it a hair cut if need be!

Andy, one of my grown children said don't leave me that one meaning the long barreled one. I reached in my wallet and handed them one of your cards and told them you could give it a hair cut if need be!
    I kin take it off but it don't grow back.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

"a 41 mag 7.5 inch BlackHawk"? I learn more every day, never knew Ruger made them withj this length barrel.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I have that "SAME" firearm in .22 Magnum. 8 3/8" Model 17 target trigger & Target hammer. You look at them and expect them to be very barrel heavy, but they feel surprisingly balanced.
    Are you positive that's not a model 48?
    Steve