Thread: Introduction to Kayak Fishing Seminar at the Sportsman Show in ANC

Default Introduction to Kayak Fishing Seminar at the Sportsman Show in ANC

I just got the approval to put on three seminars at the Great Alaska Sportsman Show in Anchorage on behalf of Alaska Raft and Kayak.

I haven't fully fleshed out the discussion but I think I plan to keep it at a basic level. I have also told Mark that I would hang around his booth for an hour or two after each seminar to add additional detail or experience to the mix.

I am no expert on the topic having only done this seriously for about 5 years. But I am willing to share my mistakes and successes for those willing to give it a try.

Although the topic is on Kayak angling, I think the seminar might get a few catacrafts, drift boats, and other non-traditionally ocean going vessel owners to consider some other fisheries they may not have considered before.

So the times and dates are:

Friday Apr 3 at 6pm Stage 4
    Saturday Apr 4 at 5pm Stage 4
    Sunday Apr 5 at 11am Stage 2

If anyone would like to suggest some of the things they might be interested if they were able to attend, it would help out immensely. Stop by and say hello if you happen to be there during this time frame!!!!!

A 90 second promo video for the seminars! Hope to see folks there!!!

https://youtu.be/aFwxiQlquQU

If anyone would like to suggest some of the things they might be interested if they were able to attend, it would help out immensely. Stop by and say hello if you happen to be there during this time frame!!!!!
    I've been so hung up on the hunting forum I almost missed this gem! I'd be very interested in hearing about basic modifications one could make to get started kayak fishing! Youtube is a great resource, but in person Q&A would be of great help!

EDIT: Not referring to your specific youtube ad, just all of the kayak fishing videos I've watched in the past...
    Last edited by vikingkayak; 03-20-2015 at 15:18. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by vikingkayak View Post
    I've been so hung up on the hunting forum I almost missed this gem! I'd be very interested in hearing about basic modifications one could make to get started kayak fishing! Youtube is a great resource, but in person Q&A would be of great help!

EDIT: Not referring to your specific youtube ad, just all of the kayak fishing videos I've watched in the past...
    I hope you can make it!!! Here is a draft set of slides for the presentation. Its in a movie format. First 45 seconds is an intro video, then its 5 seconds per slide after that unless there is a transition. Any constructive criticism welcome!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/iXI2ReglKMw

Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    I hope you can make it!!! Here is a draft set of slides for the presentation. Its in a movie format. First 45 seconds is an intro video, then its 5 seconds per slide after that unless there is a transition. Any constructive criticism welcome!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/iXI2ReglKMw
    Looks great! "Liquid Management" had me laughing so hard my boss came by to crack the whip!

Hoping to make it this afternoon or tomorrow, I'll introduce myself. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!