Thread: Upset

Default Upset

I understand the world is not mine.......although I do get upset when I have been 4-wheeling in an area for several years then the jeep / truck crowd starts to use a trail without any regard for other trail users, they power through the mud digging big ruts get stuck and floor it until they can't move or break something (instead of winching their way through) and there they are 5 or more full sized vehicles blocking the trail standing around drinking a beer or two wondering / deciding what they are going to do next. I know we have to share the trails but the actions I have seen by most of the jeep / truck crowd is they think they own the world and they can damage the trail and not care who they are suppose to share the trail with.

What trail are you talking about?

Bolder creek, king river, trails off the Richardson Highway

Same goes for the wheeler crowd. And yes I am a wheeler, but I have good mud tires and when I lose forward momentum I start winching instead of sitting there spinning or seeing how big of a roost I can throw with my "big mudders". Remember it's not the machine, it's the wingnut in the seat.

It don't bother me. I got a big rig that I don't drive anymore, just atvs now. There were jeeps and trucks on Boulder and Kings river way before the atvs tried to call it their own. ***** atv drivers who gotta scoot around every dang little puddle and mudhole cause more extensive damage than any big rig driving right thru the middle of the slop. It's called ribboning, it's a plague on all the trails and it's caused by atvs driven by pussies afaird they might get their toes wet or mud on them or heaven forbid they might get stuck. So they make a new trail off to the left or right and pretty soon it's a hundred yard wide mudhole.
    I set my atvs up for deepmud and deepwater and it's hey diddle diddle, straight up the middle.
    Less atv traffic because they don't want to deal with mudholes from big rigs is a good thing in my book

Get a grip son, not everyone can be a big bad mudder like you, some people don't have the experience so they choose to take the easier trails to learn such as Kings River and Boulder Creek.
    Last edited by fullkurl; 06-19-2007 at 22:43. Reason: personal comments--forum rules violation

DWS

I am not new to ATV (have been riding since the late 80’s) I don’t mind getting muddy, wet or stuck it is all part of the fun. I have been riding these areas and others for a fairly long time and until the last six or seven years rarely saw many BIG RIGS doing the damage they have been doing the last few years any time they get to a wet spot. I see the mentality big tires, big motors, small __ __ and no brains. It does not take much to drive through the mud and make the next guy’s trip difficult it does take time to get your lazy butt off your seat and hook up the winch. And you can’t get that photo of the mud flying through air. It’s not a matter of just driving through the middle of the slop it’s driving through the middle of the slop with the led foot that makes it a mess.

My point is every one has to share the trails and by digging the big ruts it causes the ribbon effect because you do have trail users of varied abilities on the trail.

For every story about a 4X4 tearing up a trail, drinking etc..... there is one about ATVs doing the same thing. Pointing fingers won't help provide access to any trail in the future. There are several 4X4 and ATV clubs that provide trail restoration, cleanup and EDUCATION to their members.

ATV and 4X4 riders/drivers that beat their machine like was stated in the first post do not last long. The repairs get out of control pretty fast. Fortunately, the Earth can repair the damage in a few years (which is short time in Earth time).

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Get a grip son, not everyone can be a big bad mudder like you, some people don't have the experience so they choose to take the easier trails to learn such as Kings River and Boulder Creek. It's a-holes like you that give the off road community a bad name.
    So driving thru the holes instead of making them wider is the bad thing to do. Stirring up mud that flows right back into the hole is somehow worse than making a new trail right next to it that turns into another bad hole after 20 people use it eating away at more land is better? 2,4,6,8 holes side by side because everybody gotta go around?
    Last edited by fullkurl; 06-19-2007 at 22:43. Reason: personal comments-forum rules violation.

Default live and let live....

Lets remember the things that we have in common here and get along guys.

We can agree to disagree without trashing each other.

Frank

You missed some fullkurl- look up 2 posts again

Try reading my post again, where did I say anything about creating new trails? Calling people that you don't know pu$$ies is uncalled for, hence my post. I've been around people like you and I prefer not to ride with them, they spend more time running their mouth and breaking their machnes and don't have time for that. YMMV.

You should have just shut up like Fullkurl said. In case you missed it I know you oldman and that honda you ride and I'll see you on the trail again

The 4x4 community (responsible users) have been working with the ATV groups and other users to maintain, harden, and correct trail deficiencies. Please do not lump us all together by using tag words like most or all...or monster trucks, etc. The responsible user will tell you that you try twice and then winch.

There are irresponsible users in all of our cliques...they make life tough for those of us who are trail stewards.

If you ever see a club badge on someone "acting up" in a 4x4, feel free to sign onto alaska4x4network.com and inform their respective club representative. If you put a post asking me to call or referring me to this thread, etc. I will address the issue with my club members. (I am the President of 2Broke2Play, the valley club)

I don't get over here enough, but thanks for your time...and feel free to email me at 2broke2play@gmail.com