Thread: Crossbow

Default Crossbow

My boy is starting to get to that age where he is starting to get interested in shooting bows. Went to the range couple a days ago and he watched me sight in my new 5 pin sight out to 60 yards and got a kick out asking question on how everything worked. So I got to thinking what would be a good youth bow for him? I'm leaning towards getting him a crossbow so that way he can shoot since he is still a little to small to be even pulling back 18-20 pounds. And say I do look at getting a crossbow is it worth just picking a big boy crossbow up and having him shoot that since no matter what I will be out in the field with him when it comes time for him to take his turn in bringing dinner home?! Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan69 View Post
    My boy is starting to get to that age where he is starting to get interested in shooting bows. Went to the range couple a days ago and he watched me sight in my new 5 pin sight out to 60 yards and got a kick out asking question on how everything worked. So I got to thinking what would be a good youth bow for him? I'm leaning towards getting him a crossbow so that way he can shoot since he is still a little to small to be even pulling back 18-20 pounds. And say I do look at getting a crossbow is it worth just picking a big boy crossbow up and having him shoot that since no matter what I will be out in the field with him when it comes time for him to take his turn in bringing dinner home?! Thanks for the input!

A crossbow is a very dangerous piece of equipment. Too, verify if that this weapon is legal for hunting, since in many places it is not . . .

If you are going to have him shoot a crossbow why don't you just have him shoot a gun?

Only legal in hunting areas with no restrictions during regular season. Not legal for any archery equipment only hunts unless you have a disability form from Juneau.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012