Thread: Shipping Live Ammo From The States

Default Shipping Live Ammo From The States

Haven't had much luck hooking up with quality 22lr ammo here in Fairbanks for the last couple of years. So, I decided to order some from the States. As you probably know, many/most ammo vendors just plain will not ship to Alaska.....I have gotten it thru Graf & Sons before via UPS but, they really don't have much of a selection these days....I ended up ordering from Champion Shooters Supply this time around. To have a case of 5,000 rounds shipped to Fife Washington (about 40 lbs.) cost me $64 plus another $150 to have it barged/transported from Fife, on up to Fairbanks....For a total of $214 in shipping.......

Quote Originally Posted by 4951tomm View Post
    Haven't had much luck hooking up with quality 22lr ammo here in Fairbanks for the last couple of years. So, I decided to order some from the States. As you probably know, many/most ammo vendors just plain will not ship to Alaska.....I have gotten it thru Graf & Sons before via UPS but, they really don't have much of a selection these days....I ended up ordering from Champion Shooters Supply this time around. To have a case of 5,000 rounds shipped to Fife Washington (about 40 lbs.) cost me $64 plus another $150 to have it barged/transported from Fife, on up to Fairbanks....For a total of $214 in shipping.......
    That jibes with what I paid a few months ago; $300 for 50# of powder via Lynden. How is Champion to deal with? What ammo did you get?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

When I shipped ammo up from down south, I had it all sent to a buddy in the Seattle area and when he had it all, he took it to Alaska Marine Lines barge dock and had it all put on a pallet. When it got to town here, I had the pallet dropped into my pickup, paid the man for the HAZMAT fees and shipping costs and drove off with it. It's good to have friends in low places.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

$21.40 per Brick, JUST FOR SHIPPING.

Now, that sounds Reasonable, for someone who's outta their RA mind.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

For the last couple a years I've been flying back and forth to Oregon a couple a times per year and have just been checking it in as baggage......Which is reasonably priced on Alaska air.........If and when you can find it in Oregon.....Bought Wolf Match Extra this time, sort of a medium grade ammo, Tenex is just too spendy for me......For a balance between quality and price I like Federal Gold Medal Match the best but, I think they may have quit making it......So will settle for the Wolf......Champion Shooters supply was a pleasure to deal with, very polite and informative......Not to be confused with Champions Choice, that are hard to reach by phone, who just canceled my order, refunded my money, and stated, "ammo can not be sent to Alaska".....

I haven't received my order yet, but I ordered a 1/2 case of RWS match from SWVA arms and they charge a flat rate of $30 for shipping.

Don't know if they'll be changing their shipping policy, and they are out of stock of RWS target rifle, but it's worth a try. Ordering a box or two at a time isn't worth it in AK, but if you can get a case or 1/2 case it's not that bad.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

PM me I ship ammo to Anchorage and will be shipping to Kodiak here in the near future. I ship a pallet every couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    $21.40 per Brick, JUST FOR SHIPPING.

Now, that sounds Reasonable, for someone who's outta their RA mind.

Smitty of the North
    Guess what Smitty? He has .22LR and you don't.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    Guess what Smitty? He has .22LR and you don't.
    You don't hafta guess.

I'd do without before I'd pay those prices.

I do, have some 22 LR ammo, but that hasn't effected my decision, not to pay exorbitant prices, because that only encourages them.

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    I'd do without before I'd pay those prices.
    That's what I said about orange juice when it went over $6 a gallon... Sure do miss orange juice in the morning.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    That's what I said about orange juice when it went over $6 a gallon... Sure do miss orange juice in the morning.
    I really mean it, THIS time.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

I thought shipping prices were high too, when I wanted to get some powder. But I wanna shoot, so I paid the prices. I thought it was pretty reasonable by barge, about $20 per pound total when all said and done. Much less than if I shipped during winter. Then it would have been obscene.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Last November I shipped 385 lbs of ammo to Anchorage via Lynden and I paid $470.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    Last November I shipped 385 lbs of ammo to Anchorage via Lynden and I paid $470.
    Buck and a quarter a pound to Anchorage is great. Back in 2009 when I shipped a bunch up I was more like $2 a pound and still was about $5 a pound under Alaska retail prices for the powder . . . but there wasn't any in Alaska at the time at all.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I had the powder shipped from Georgia to Seattle, to Lynden's yard where it was placed in a container and shipped up to their Bethel yard. Thirty days after I ordered, it was here. I made two orders for about 60 pounds, the total freight was around $300.00 or so.

ables ammo in huntsville texas ships. I sent my son bear loads from them last year.