Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fred Meyer gun prices.

Default Fred Meyer gun prices.

I haven't bought a new gun in years so I don't really pay attention to prices. So just out of curiosity I looked at a Berretta 92FS they had. $650. I checked Buds when I got home and they wanted over $700 and of course I can throw shipping and FFL fee on top of that.

Am I missing something? Are there different kinds of Berretta 92FS? Is FM really that low priced?

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by jim in anchorage View Post
    I haven't bought a new gun in years so I don't really pay attention to prices. So just out of curiosity I looked at a Berretta 92FS they had. $650. I checked Buds when I got home and they wanted over $700 and of course I can throw shipping and FFL fee on top of that.

Am I missing something? Are there different kinds of Berretta 92FS? Is FM really that low priced?
    I'm no expert on gun prices, but my answer is NO you're no missing anything, and YES, FM sometimes, has low prices on some guns.

At least, I've seen some prices that I thought were very reasonably priced in FM stores.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    I'm no expert on gun prices, but my answer is NO you're no missing anything, and YES, FM sometimes, has low prices on some guns.

At least, I've seen some prices that I thought were very reasonably priced in FM stores.

SOTN
    Now if they would quit ripping me off on grocery's...

Now if they would quit ripping me off on grocery's...
    They do the same here. BTW: they also stop selling guns here.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Beretta 92s have a lot of price variation as a matter of course. Beretta used to require distributors to purchase a minimum of 500 92s annually to carry any of their products. So the market was periodically flooded with 92s and many of the smaller distributors just marked them down drastically to move them out the door and get them off their books rather than sit on them for months, knowing that next year they had to pony up for another 500.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    Beretta 92s have a lot of price variation as a matter of course. Beretta used to require distributors to purchase a minimum of 500 92s annually to carry any of their products. So the market was periodically flooded with 92s and many of the smaller distributors just marked them down drastically to move them out the door and get them off their books rather than sit on them for months, knowing that next year they had to pony up for another 500.
    Sounds a good reason to buy one. I always liked there looks and the US military endorsement doesn't hurt.

And if you are over 55 and go in on the first Tuesday of the month you get a 10% discount.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    And if you are over 55 and go in on the first Tuesday of the month you get a 10% discount.
    On anything or just guns?

I'd check 3 Bears first. They have the best prices on guns that I have seen in the valley.

On anything or just guns?
    Anything! Buying a gun will help you with gas too.

I am pretty sure that 10% discount is only for FM brand items. At least that what it looked like to me from the receipt.

Quote Originally Posted by chinookee2004 View Post
    I am pretty sure that 10% discount is only for FM brand items. At least that what it looked like to me from the receipt.
    Not unless they changed it. I bought a Savage Axis .223 there a couple years ago and got the 10% off and I didn't even know about the savings until the clerk asked me if I was a senior. I was just lucky to have come in on the 1st Tuesday. I passed that Axis on to a son, but last time I looked it did not say Fred Meyer Savage on it.

Quote Originally Posted by chinookee2004 View Post
    It covers guns as of a month ago. I was in there on a Tues in ER and the line at the gun counter was about 6 deep. I asked what was the deal was there .22 in stock (in jest). Counter guy said it was the first Tues AND FM was doing an employee deal that day so employees, and family members, over 55 were getting like 25% off total (or something like that). That's about the time I noticed that the average age of the people in line was north of 65. So, I'd say it still applies to guns.

Fred Meyer can be fairly competitive. They use to do a 10% off sporting goods coupon and NOT exclude firearms. Some reason they won't honor it on firearms now. I think I've bought two guns there.

Their regular prices seem decent to me but their sales can be really good, picked up a shotgun their at about 2002 retail price last a couple years ago on a real good sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch for their Military Appreciation sales. Periodically they will offer a 10% discount for all active duty as well as , retired or honorably discharged vets.

I was wanting to pickup a Savage 116 TH package in .338 WM they had on sale for $549. I went to buy it with the wife, and she saw it was a rifle and threw a fit so I left without buying it. I got revenge on the way home, I wrecked her Jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudge View Post
    I was wanting to pickup a Savage 116 TH package in .338 WM they had on sale for $549. I went to buy it with the wife, and she saw it was a rifle and threw a fit so I left without buying it. I got revenge on the way home, I wrecked her Jeep.
    Best story I've heard in a long time.

First Tuesday 10% off 55 & older also ask about there friends and family discount at Customer Service. FM is unusual as there discounts stack and usually apply to sale prices.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    They do the same here. BTW: they also stop selling guns here.
    Ron, Meijer's doesn't sell guns anymore?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast