Thread: Raider Pilothouse

Default Raider Pilothouse

Anyone on here own a 24ft Raider Pilothouse with or without a self bailing deck that would like to talk about their boat? Going to upgrade soon and have climb all over this boat. Would like to hear from some people that are using it tho!

Thanks

PMs sent plus I know there are Valdez and Anchorage owners on here because they contacted me when we bought ours. Love the boat just be wary of the shop that installs the engines. Other than that you will be a happy camper.

My sister in-law has a 2484 Raider Pilothouse with twin 115 Yamahas. They love it. Theirs has twin benches instead of the galley which is the option they wanted, but alas the price was too good to pass up in a used boat, and it was practically brand new. It is wonderfully powered with twin 115s but of course twin 150s would be even better (but not necessary). They don't have a kicker and they troll on one of the mains. They don't really overnight on the boat but they spend 12+ hours a day on it on the weekends in the summer. Short people can't see out the windows when sitting on the benches. It is a great boat for two, fine for four, crowded with more.

Sobie2

Sobie2, is that boat here in Juneau or elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Sobie2 View Post
    My sister in-law has a 2484 Raider Pilothouse with twin 115 Yamahas. They love it. Theirs has twin benches instead of the galley which is the option they wanted, but alas the price was too good to pass up in a used boat, and it was practically brand new. It is wonderfully powered with twin 115s but of course twin 150s would be even better (but not necessary). They don't have a kicker and they troll on one of the mains. They don't really overnight on the boat but they spend 12+ hours a day on it on the weekends in the summer. Short people can't see out the windows when sitting on the benches. It is a great boat for two, fine for four, crowded with more.

Sobie2

This the big ol Blue Beauty?.......it's a block from my house.......and my Raider. Good lookin boat.

It is in Juneau, but in Montana Creek Estates... its maroon.

Sobie2

I was mistaken, there's a 2896 on Stikine St. off of Radcliffe........it's a monster yall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sobie2 View Post
    It is in Juneau, but in Montana Creek Estates... its maroon.

Sobie2
    thank you sobie2

I am pricing out boats and looking at the 2484 as a HT Bulkhead boat (instead of the cuddy) to get a bigger back deck. I am thinking about twin 150s. OR I am looking at the 2284 with a single 250 (again the HT not cuddy model). What appeals to me are the lifting streaks and transom walk through which the Hewescrafts don't have.

Please let me know who are good Raider dealers to work with vs the lemons.

Thanks!
    Sobie2