Thread: ATV excavator/loader add-ons

Default ATV excavator/loader add-ons

A buddy of mine flipped me a message this morning about these add-ons made by a company here in Canada.
    Have no idea how much $$$$ but it looks like a pretty cool idea, especially if you already have a four wheeler.
    Would be pretty great at a remote cabin as I think it would be fairly easy to get the pieces out there.
    FYI, I have nothing to do with the company.

http://www.vttequipement.com/en/ATV-Equipment.shtml

I wonder if the kit includes some sort of beef up for the frame? Seems like it would load the frame in a way that would be fairly destructive.

On the FAQ page it does state that installing requires some welding so I would say there is probably some beefing up.

If they made a log splitter attachment for my 4-wheeler...then I'd get REALLY excited!

Bummer, the attachments can't be used with a 6 wheeler. This would have been perfect for my Big Boss :-(

To bad the link to get more info doesn't work. They don't have a dealer locator either which is kind of strange.

They're French!!!!
    That's why they're strange.
    They do have a phone #. Probably need a translator though.

Well, the email went through even though it gave me an error. Front and back without shipping runs right around $10,000. The bucket was right around $4K and the excavator was around $6K.

From the company:
    " 6500$ each for theback and 4500$ each for the front.
    Canadian dollars / shiping an costum managed by you if you out of the Canada."

$1000 discount if you order 10 or more... Could be a good business venture if they are quality made.

I just don't see how you have enough weight to do anything very useful, even with a 6x.

Kubota L series is about the minimum size tractor I would consider to be useful for all but the smallest jobs and they are 2500# plus. And it'd be hell on the wheelers suspension I would think doing any real digging or lifting.

I also doubt these would be worth spending the money on. I used to use a small Kubota for small jobs around the construction sites and was always disappointed with what it could do, usually finishing the job with a shovel. The problem, as andweav says, is weight. The arm of the small backhoe just created too much of a moment for the small tractor to handle and rather than moving dirt, I'd move the tractor. I believe the weight of the Kubota was in the neighborhood of 2500 lbs. What's the weight of the heaviest ATV, like 7 or 8 hundred lbs? Save the money and buy a couple of really good shovels, you'll get more work done.

It would be more cost effective to use a shovel and red wheelbarrow.

Agree on the comments of not enough weight to be useful. I borrowed a friends Kubota tractor and while it beats the heck out of a shovel, it has limited capabilities. Considering you can get one of them used for $10k, I'd definately go that route over the ATV attachments.

Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.