Thread: Loader and Excavator Attachments

Default Loader and Excavator Attachments

A buddy of mine flipped me a message this morning about these add-ons made by a company here in Canada.
    Have no idea how much $$$$ but it looks like a pretty cool idea, especially if you already have a four wheeler.
    FYI, I have nothing to do with the company.

http://www.vttequipement.com/en/ATV-Equipment.shtml

Interesting! I wonder just how useful these really are?

http://goodoutdoors.theshoppe.com/atv_attachments.html

Here are a ton of attachments. Most look like they are for a farm
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

I have zero experience with these attachments but quite a bit with heavier hydraulic digging equipment and while these look, at first glance, like a great way to get a mechanical advantage to your digging I don't think they'd be worth the investment.
    I once used one of the smaller Kubota backhoes for odd jobs around construction sites and was always disappointed with the performance and capability. It came down to weight and the machine being too light to handle the arm of the backhoe, I was always lifting the machine instead of the dirt. In the end I could almost get more done with a shovel. I forget the exact weight but I think it was in the neighborhood of 2500 pounds.
    What's the weight of the biggest ATV? Maybe seven or eight hundred pounds? That's not much when the force of the hydraulics thru the arm is applied to it and I can't see it being much good for anything.
    But, like I said, I have no experience with these attachments and could be wrong.