Thread: How are You Storing Ammo for the Next Shortage?

Default How are You Storing Ammo for the Next Shortage?

Loose ammo in ammo cans with desiccants is my preference. How are you doing it?

http://youtu.be/8IvGEx1cxbg

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

I got boxes in each gun safe, plus a seperate safe dedicated to ammo. But, I am running out of good secondary containment areas, and have powder and primers stored in wall cabinets in case of flooding. I need to find more secondary containers that are fire resistant, water proof and durable. All my military ammo cans are full. I have to reorganize when I take cans to the range. I don't have an ammo problem, just a storage problem, but I can live with that.

We store most of our Firearms and Ammo in an abandoned mine that we found near the head of Slate Creek. It is dry and cool about 15 to 20 feet in from the entrance/mouth.

What shortage? Government is most definitely on your side and is just fine with you having whatever you want for shooting. It's all just paranoia my friend...
    (sarcasm).
    Ammo in H/D vacuum bags with desiccants, and placed in buried plastic drums. It's fire protection or an investment, if nothing else. We also keep reloading supplies that way.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    We store most of our Firearms and Ammo in an abandoned mine that we found near the head of Slate Creek. It is dry and cool about 15 to 20 feet in from the entrance/mouth.
    OK, now go ahead and post GPS coords.

I just store mine on shelves in the locked loading room. Am I missing something? Is there some reason for storing it some place special?

SORRY..........That is Classified Information.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    Am I missing something? Is there some reason for storing it some place special?

Sure. I should have guessed.

I like to keep my ammo randomly dispersed throughout the state at other peoples houses. Some of my stashes are well kept in vacuum packaging and desiccants and some are simply kept on shelves in locked loading rooms. I even have some buried in plastic barrels in a few peoples backyards... I think I'm set.

LOL, just kidding.

Desiccants and ammo cans are pretty good for anything that will outlast me.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    OK, now go ahead and post GPS coords.
    That would take all the fun out of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking up slate creek right now...

What are you guys talking about? What stored ammo? I don't have any stored ammo. I only buy the reloading supplies that I need when I need it. I have never bought a keg of powder or a brick of primers. A single one pound canister of powder and a single pack of primers is all anyone is supposed to have. Yup, when it's not on the shelves at the store, I just go without. After months and months of nothing in the stores I complain, and I call people paranoid and blame those who have purchased and hoard a surplus.

Where's Slate Creek, I've not shopped there?

(dessicants in the powder containers and stored in a metal cabinet, primers are vacum sealed)

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Forget it.

I just bought that mine from a guy named Charlie, and it is CLOSED to the public, as of NOW.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I have not stored ammo for a "shortage". (Although, guess I should have.)

Nor, am I storing for the NEXT shortage because I can't predict something like that. AND, doing so would only ADD to the problem.

If we can get rid of the current administration, supplies should be available again, like they were before, howbeit at a slightly increased cost.

I still, will not store for an anticipated shortage. I will just try and keep enough for my forecasted needs, although I will want to increase that forecast.

Right now, I could use some more Red Dot and Unique. Also, some H414 and some bricks of 22 LR, preferably, CCI Blazer.

It's funny, I never usta worry about it, but since things have become, unavailable or hard to find, it's amazing how fast I use up a lb. of powder or a brick of primers.

My point is, that I'm not going to invest savings in something, and to the extent, that I may never be able to use.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    I have not stored ammo for a "shortage". (Although, guess I should have.)

Nor, am I storing for the NEXT shortage because I can't predict something like that. AND, doing so would only ADD to the problem.

If we can get rid of the current administration, supplies should be available again, like they were before, howbeit at a slightly increased cost.

I still, will not store for an anticipated shortage. I will just try and keep enough for my forecasted needs, although I will want to increase that forecast.

Right now, I could use some more Red Dot and Unique. Also, some H414 and some bricks of 22 LR, preferably, CCI Blazer.

It's funny, I never usta worry about it, but since things have become, unavailable or hard to find, it's amazing how fast I use up a lb. of powder or a brick of primers.

My point is, that I'm not going to invest savings in something, and to the extent, that I may never be able to use.

Smitty of the North
    Accumulatin' ain't the same as hoardin'.
    I buy a little here and a little there. No one misses out because I took too much, but if there is another dry spell- and there is sure to be- I have plenty to keep me going for a while. Plenty of powder, brass, primers and bullets.

I'm with Sayak, I find I buy now more "when I find ammo" more than if I really need it. I don't get greedy or crazy but when I run across something I use and have some loose change to spare it comes home with me...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Well, I do store for the next shortage cause I know it's coming. I believe the fable of the ant and the grasshopper teaches a valuable lesson to those that are listening. I have lived long enough to have seen shortages on more than just ammo and components. Gas and rice are two that pop to mind. Lead wheel weights are rapidly becoming hard to get.

Great time to stock up on powder, there is a ton around! Stock up on magazines and AR lowers too, they are really cheap right now.

I picked up 4 magazines for the next pistol in going to buy last paycheck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk