Thread: Grouse and Ptarmigan Ptalk- Wed Feb 25

Default Grouse and Ptarmigan Ptalk- Wed Feb 25

Rick Merizon, ADFG small game biologist, will be presenting on Alaska's grouse and ptarmigan at February's edition of Wildlife Wednesdays at the Mat Su College. The event will go from 7-8 pm in the FSM Building, Room 205. This is a cooperative event between ADFG, USGS, and Alaskans for Palmer Hay Flats. I'll be there with my little 2 year old. Hope to see some of the rest of you and put faces to names. Mine will be the one made for radio!
    Go Big Red!

Wish I could be there to meet other bird hunters. Too far north and too icy roads in between

Wish I could go as well.
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

Dang! I didn't see this until tonight. I would have loved to go.

PG13, how was it?

I enjoyed the heck out of it. Most of the crowd was college kids attending for extra credit but perhaps Rick's material and enthusiasm was enough to break through their indifference. There were folks from Anchorage that came out and what I assumed to be some local Valley adults. He kept it pretty generic but I saw pictures and heard anecdotal observations that were firsts for me. I'm working with Rick to get some of his presentation and ADFG small game materials available and linked here for the rest of the crowd. They put together a really good poster so you can look at wings and feathers and determine age and gender of birds in hand.

Stay Tuned.