Thread: Alaska Toy Rental in Wasilla is no longer in business.

Default Alaska Toy Rental in Wasilla is no longer in business.

When I inquired about renting an Argo this weekend, I received the following reply:

Sorry I am no longer in business , closed the doors 12/31/14Thank you for your inquiry.
    Thomas Hannam
    907-775-1880

Sad to learn that yet another Alaska business has closed it's doors!
    "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

Sorry but this is one business that I am glad to see closed. Ripped me off enough times
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Why you renting an Argo?

I assume you like them but if you haven't used one, they have zero leg room unless you're short and they are pretty slow. Plus you can't hop on little quad trails - gotta stay on wider ones.

i looked at them before settling on the Ranger 6x6 and rode in a friend's a few times. Just not what I thought it would be for the $

but to each his own

Quote Originally Posted by AK Explorer View Post
    Why you renting an Argo?
    Having never ridden one, I wanted to try it out. Figured this "Break-Up" sort of weather we're having, might make for a good test.

Like you & everyone else, I'm still searching for that one vehicle, that can do it all.

Thanx, Dave.
    "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

Haha - you are right about that!

so far, the only thing that does it all is my legs, but that battery wears out too quickly!

i am hoping the Ranger 6x6 fits the bill better than the Sportsman 6x6 I had

overall it was good - and I bet the new ones are great -bbut mine was an 08 and the chain constantly loosened and/or came off, especially with tracks on it.

i'll be honest, my wife's little 2000 Sportsman 335 is pretty dang sweet. It is super light, shaft driven, easy to get unstuck if it does, and just keeps on going. Not what I want, but as far as ATVs go, I am impressed

but yeah, the Argo looks awesome sitting there and has tons of ways to haul stuff, but in reality it did not tempt me at all

i am 6'3" in shoes and I had to hang my leg out the side the whole way, plus the opening for your feet wasn't even wide enough to put my foot down in straight so I had my ankle turned at a 45 on that leg - very uncomfortable

you basically need to be about 5' 8" or shorter to have leg room and hope your boot is about a size 9 or less - and even then you're sitting at a perfect 90 degree angle pretty much - I just didn't get the appeal

my buddy has tracks on his and probably averaged about 7 or 8mph on the Rex trail, spun in the muck a lot too - it kept inching forward but was mostly just sitting there spinning when my Sportsman with tracks went right through. Couple that with not being able to take newer trails ppl cut on atv and it was just not good. I would take the Sportsman 6x6 on tracks over the Argo all day.

My biggest beefs with the Sportsman 6x6 were lack of power to handle tracks, the chain was a constant headache, and the front end was too heavy. It would nosedive into soft stuff a lot. The tracks always pushed it through, but it really worked the engine and overheated sometimes.

i'll be thrilled just to get rid of that dang double-chain system - it makes me want to blow something up just thinking about that crap - the hours and $ I soent constantly fixing that chain took years off my life! LOL

Let me know if you find the perfect machine