Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maw under investigation

Default Maw under investigation

http://www.adn.com/article/20150223/...oard-appointee

Remember folks, innocent until proven guilty. This might give some insight to why Maw pulled out.

How are the accusations against Dr. Maw to be deemed any different from Dan Sullivan claiming his primary residence to be in Maryland, while simultaneously claiming to be an Alaska resident on his fishing license? Apparently, that was no issue for a guy the Koch brothers want to be Senator.... It's always entertaining to watch the corrupt *******s club employ their double standards depending on who their golden boy is.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    How are the accusations against Dr. Maw to be deemed any different from Dan Sullivan claiming his primary residence to be in Maryland, while simultaneously claiming to be an Alaska resident on his fishing license? Apparently, that was no issue for a guy the Koch brothers want to be Senator.... It's always entertaining to watch the corrupt *******s club employ their double standards depending on who their golden boy is.
    I wasn't aware that the Koch brothers have been involved somehow with the Maw controversy. And I'm also not aware that the brothers were the ones that elected the Senator. I always thought the citizens of this State elected our Senators. Unlike (completely) the Maw situation.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Do you blame the Koch brothers if you can't sleep at night, or if you are constipated? It's played out man.

Where are all of Dr Maw's supporters? Who will they blame now? Yeah, I know. innocent until proven guilty. Right! Strangely silent all of a sudden. Hopefully the Governor will not rush the next appointment and that he will take the time to properly vet whomever he chooses. This has been a disaster for the Governor, Maw,and the BOF appointment process. The Governor will get through this and it will be a faint but unpleasant memory. I don't think Maw will be so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Questairtoo View Post
    Where are all of Dr Maw's supporters? Who will they blame now? Yeah, I know. innocent until proven guilty. Right! Strangely silent all of a sudden. Hopefully the Governor will not rush the next appointment and that he will take the time to properly vet whomever he chooses. This has been a disaster for the Governor, Maw,and the BOF appointment process. The Governor will get through this and it will be a faint but unpleasant memory. I don't think Maw will be so lucky.
    Silent? Support? Blame? Maybe you missed it, but Maw has withdrawn. So what exactly do you expect folks to be voicing support for? What blame are you looking for? We don't even know the whole story yet. Yet you're acting like a vulture on a kill.

I disagree; this has not been a disaster for the Governor, or the process. After all, Johnstone is gone and the process is already less corrupt, and if Maw has done something wrong that caused him to withdraw before appointment, then the process worked.
    In my opinion Alaskans lost and the BOF lost. Maw would've been an asset. Some special interest sport fishermen focused on popular or local issues might not see it that way, but I doubt they understand that the vast majority of Alaska's fisheries are commercial, and Maw brought extensive knowledge required to manage them. I'm not condoning whatever Maw might have done - dig deep enough and everyone seems to have some dirt. But a residency issue seems to pale in comparison to the corruption and ethic antics we've seen from the BOF that directly effect us.

You guys need to put your divisiveness away and move on. Maw will never be on the BOF. The issue now, for Alaskans, is who is more qualified than Maw, and who would do a better job of managing all of our fisheries than Maw...

We are silent because we have respect for our system of laws and will wait to see what happens. An investigation is not a conviction. Your ugly nature is really something to behold. Maybe we have remained silent because it is the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerka View Post
    We are silent because we have respect for our system of laws and will wait to see what happens. An investigation is not a conviction. Your ugly nature is really something to behold. Maybe we have remained silent because it is the right thing to do.
    Rep sent. For some reason Quest seems to take glee in the controversy over Maw. When the real issue at play is clearly getting some good folks on the board that can fix the fish problems.
    Give it a rest Quest. Let's focus on getting a problem fixed.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Funstastic View Post
    Silent? Support? Blame? Maybe you missed it, but Maw has withdrawn. So what exactly do you expect folks to be voicing support for? What blame are you looking for? We don't even know the whole story yet. Yet you're acting like a vulture on a kill.

I disagree; this has not been a disaster for the Governor, or the process. After all, Johnstone is gone and the process is already less corrupt, and if Maw has done something wrong that caused him to withdraw before appointment, then the process worked.
    In my opinion Alaskans lost and the BOF lost. Maw would've been an asset. Some special interest sport fishermen focused on popular or local issues might not see it that way, but I doubt they understand that the vast majority of Alaska's fisheries are commercial, and Maw brought extensive knowledge required to manage them. I'm not condoning whatever Maw might have done - dig deep enough and everyone seems to have some dirt. But a residency issue seems to pale in comparison to the corruption and ethic antics we've seen from the BOF that directly effect us.

You guys need to put your divisiveness away and move on. Maw will never be on the BOF. The issue now, for Alaskans, is who is more qualified than Maw, and who would do a better job of managing all of our fisheries than Maw...
    Well said. Tried to rep you. Can't agree the process worked as well as it should tho. Remember the part where the board is supposed to submit a list of qualified candidates to the Governor and refused to even interview several other candidates, at least two of whom were likely also very qualified...? The system still stinks of corruption, and most of the corrupters apparently spring from the myopically greedy parties involved in the ridiculous UCI allocation wars we see playing out ad nauseam.

For whatever reason, Dr. Maw has withdrawn. Now it's time to find another qualified candidate who can do a good job for Alaska (keeping in mind that there's a hell of a lot more to the job than just refereeing the spoiled kiddies down in UCI).
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Wonder if the PFD folks are going to investigate as well.

Agreed Quest. But like the other's said, and I being someone who has a negative opinion of Maw agree, it's time to move on. This forum will not be judging him; he will be judged in a court of law if the government deems it appropriate. And he's no longer up for consideration as a member of the board, so let it go. I hope we get an appointee who is well qualified and impartial to all user groups. I think that's probably a pipe dream, but here's to hoping!
    An unarmed man is subject, an armed man is a citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    Rep sent. For some reason Quest seems to take glee in the controversy over Maw. When the real issue at play is clearly getting some good folks on the board that can fix the fish problems.
    Give it a rest Quest. Let's focus on getting a problem fixed.
    I think he's entitled to a bit of gloating. No doubt it's been lonely as the only party defending the (now-proved-to-be-correct) side of an argument. Perhaps you will take his opinion more seriously in the future.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

A better approach would be to talk Maw into withdrawing his name. He would say that his name will serve as a distraction to Walker's agenda and he does not want that to happen. He would be a hero, the governor would show his gratitude in some way and name someone else. Won't happen because Maw is in denial.
    Um, Maw withdrew.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyD View Post
    I think he's entitled to a bit of gloating. No doubt it's been lonely as the only party defending the (now-proved-to-be-correct) side of an argument. Perhaps you will take his opinion more seriously in the future.
    Help me out here...gloat about what? What's been proven? Did I miss something? And why would we take anyone more seriously based on hind-sight, or are you saying Questiartoo knew about the dirt in advance?....

Quote Originally Posted by smithtb View Post
    Um, Maw withdrew.
    Yep. He sure did. But only after he and others became aware of the criminal investigation in Montana. Hopefully you can tell the difference smithtb. He is hardly a hero. He made the Governor look foolish and caused him to spend a lot of political capital at a time when he needs cooperation from the legislature.

Good idea to let it go. It's gone.

Good idea to let it go. It's gone.
    I doubt that, if the investigation comes back with nothing there will be a bit of gloating by the current "let it go" crowd and they will become the "told you so" crowd. If the investigation comes back with charges or finding of wrongdoing it will get reported on ADN and the "let it go" crowd will still be singing the "Frozen" song. When a public figure that was appointed to the BOF and a finalist for the head of the State's Fish and Game department is under investigation it is news.

Funny how the judge got crushed by some on this forum for having a house in Arizona (or somewhere out of state) but Maw gets a pass on that one.......

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    I doubt that, if the investigation comes back with nothing there will be a bit of gloating by the current "let it go" crowd and they will become the "told you so" crowd. If the investigation comes back with charges or finding of wrongdoing it will get reported on ADN and the "let it go" crowd will still be singing the "Frozen" song. When a public figure that was appointed to the BOF and a finalist for the head of the State's Fish and Game department is under investigation it is news.

Funny how the judge got crushed by some on this forum for having a house in Arizona (or somewhere out of state) but Maw gets a pass on that one.......
    I do not think anyone should gloat in this situation regardless of the outcome. If the investigation turns up nothing then the system broke down and an innocent person was put through a public humiliation for nothing. In he is found guilty of something then he let down his supporters and the Gov who believed he was a good candidate and said so in public. Not a good situation in either case and if there is any gloating it tells me more about the person doing it than the issue per se.

Yep. He sure did. But only after he and others became aware of the criminal investigation in Montana. Hopefully you can tell the difference smithtb. He is hardly a hero. He made the Governor look foolish and caused him to spend a lot of political capital at a time when he needs cooperation from the legislature.
    Who ever said Maw was a "hero"? Or is that how you have to prop him up just so you can knock him down.

Look, withdrawing was the right thing to do, especially if he did something wrong. And that is what some of us respect about Maw, unlike other corrupt and unethical appointees who made their Governor look foolish the whole term, and eventually had to be forcefully removed.

Questiartoo, your need to punish and crucify Maw (before we even know the truth) has become obsessive...I have to wonder what your real agenda is....

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post

Ah, to you it's all about which side wins and which side gloats. What a shame.

yukon, nobody here is giving Maw a pass on anything, and the "let it go" crowd isn't condoning or excusing any potential wrongdoing, they simply want to move forward. They want to at least stop the trashing of Maw until we know the truth. I realize moving forward and waiting for the truth is hard for you...after all, seizing the opportunity to repeatedly trash Maw feeds your anti-commercial fishing, setnet ban agenda. You're giddy over this one, even though we've seen plenty of BOF members under investigation before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast