Thread: Dm768

Default Dm768

Hello everyone,

I drew DM768 and was curious as to how accessible the area is by foot, as well as is Rex trail an actual trail that allows you to cross some of the rivers in that area?

I am not to concerned about walking a ways as I am in pretty good shape just curious if I should pursue other means for getting in there. Plan to do quite a bit of scouting this summer.

Also if anyone has any advice I'm willing to hear it.
    thanks, dylan

First thing, use the search feature on this forum to search for "rex trail" and "DM768". There is a lot of information already posted that you can get by doing a little research on there instead of having people type it all in again. Once you have looked through the available information, you will either have the answers you need or will have more specific questions to ask that would be easier for people to answer.

Ok thanks am new to the site and wasn't aware, thanks for the help

Did you know that you can see the map specifically for that drawing? It has a highway running through the western 1/4 of the area. So its really accessable by foot off the highway. Just pay attention to all the private land out there. If you don't know how to find out about land ownership, search that out as well as there are several very detailed threads on the subject with links to the online mapping resources.

And no the Rex trail is not an actual trail with bridges across the rivers and streams like actual trails in the L48. However, it is an actual trail by Alaska standards meaning full of swamps and ATVs.

this is a great tag. Put a little effort into getting off the road system, and you should be successful. If you can't hunt the entire season, make sure you are available to hunt the last 7 days of it.

Cheesehead91, if interested in a hunting partner for this hunt, feel free to contact me at etimpe6692@yahoo.com. I am in good shape, so no worries for me about walking, but am also open to other means such as floating in, atv etc. I'm newish to Alaska, especially moose hunting, so am looking for someone to go out into the field with/learn from/learn with. If interested, just give a holler.

And goes without saying, but just to be clear, I drew DM768 as well.

-E

Here is one old thread,, good luck.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...p/82864-Dm-768
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/