Thread: Remote kicker stearing on inboard jet boat?

Default Remote kicker stearing on inboard jet boat?

hi guys....can anyone recomend a stearing system for my 6 hp tohatsu in my wooly 18.foot jet boat?

..i will hook up my control king.for throttle control!..thx.for any ideas!! larry

29' Wooldridge Pilot House, Twin 200 Hp Etecs! "...Pez Gordo..."
    18' Wooldridge Sport with 200 hp sport jet. "...Little Pez..."

Not sure if it would work with your jet set up but you might check out: http://www.marinetechproducts.com/pages/EZSteerHome

ezsteers work with outboards....used one with my outboard jet!..thx anyway!!

I have the TR1 Auto Pilot and love it. Just give it a heading and it will follow it or you can keep changing course, it will also control the throttle. Works very good. I have this on a 22' TJ with a Hamilton jet.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

thinking the tr1 for the 9.9 yammy on the big boat but wanted something simplier? if i can!....there is no tube on the 6hp tohatsu so my options may be limited, i dont think he panther will work either since i think it needs that steering tube!....may need something that attaches to the hull?

will keep lookimg i guess!

thx larry

The TR-1 was a little much for me so I got the Goetz engineering system. It seems to work ok, but to date I haven't needed it for trolling, so in retrospect I would've been better off with just a kicker for emergencies. I thought it'd be more reliable since the Goetz system is hydraulic whereas some others are electric.