Thread: DS165 Tazlina Lake to Richardson Highway Unit 13D

Default DS165 Tazlina Lake to Richardson Highway Unit 13D

Looking for info on this hunt. My wife drew the tag. I've tried to contact Mike Meekins of Meekins Air and Matt Keller of Blue Ice Aviation. Waiting to hear back from them. On Monday I'll call and talk to Tom Lohuis for additional info. What I'm more curious about is past hunt experiences. You can pm me if you don't want your info going out to the public. I've searched and read all the old posts on this website. Really happy for her but I'm more excited than she is. Congrats to those who drew.

Jason
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

Mr. Grayling, I send you a pm.

We'll I talked to Tom Lohuis and Jerry Lee today and got a good game plan for this hunt. I'm going to scout this hunt from the ground starting in early summer. So, I guess I'll have to lace me up. Should be fun. I'd like to hear past hunt experiences before and after it went to draw. We are going to earn this ram with research and boot leather.

taken a few rams there from before the draw. I continued to digiscope rams even when it turned draw. Special place for me as it was our original stomping grounds and my dad has drawn the tag this year so it'll be good to be back.

Good Luck

Mtnclimber, I sent you a pm

I guided a hunt in there just east of tazlina last year. Saw right at 100 sheep......not 1 legal ram. Hope you find one for her!!

This sounds like a tough hunt! I was wondering if anyone has ever run into sheep hiking in from the Richardson Highway or any other tips that you would be willing to share?

That is what I'm gonna do this summer. Already have my backup plan if the wife's fly-in doesn't work.

I've done a little bit of guiding in the area you are talking about. But it was before it went to draw. What would you like to know?

Bushwhack Jack, I sent you a PM.

Steelhed, I sent you a pm. Also, giving this thread a bump.

I have only hunted Klutina Lake area but historically there have been some monster sheep taken from Tazlina Glacier and on west to the Richardson Highway. It's a great area, make sure you check out the area around Hallet Lake and Stephens Glacier. Also there are goats in and around Iceberg Lake and since a registration hunt might be a good to take a goat tag along. There are some really rough areas in there but lots of potential. Good Luck.
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"