Thread: Brown Bear skull size reports Question

Default Brown Bear skull size reports Question

I was able to look up Kodiak's and find the info on skull size, Male kill ratio, use by Outfitter,ect. But when I tried looking down the Alaska Peninsula I wasn't able to find any info. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks

Don't know exactly what you are looking for, but I typed in on google search "Alaska Peninsula Guides / outfitters" and a bunch came up. One was this: http://www.alaskanperimeter.com/alas...la-brown-bear/
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I think he is looking for data, so he can compile a short list of Guide Companies that consistently harvest huge male brown bears. There by improving the probability that he as client has choose the area and Guide Company that offers him the highest probability of successfully harvesting a huge male brown bear, with a skull size approaching or preferably exceeding 29" and hide squaring in the 10' plus area.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Don't know exactly what you are looking for, but I typed in on google search "Alaska Peninsula Guides / outfitters" and a bunch came up. One was this: http://www.alaskanperimeter.com/alas...la-brown-bear/

Yes, that's why I listed that one website that at least told of some info. I didn't go through any of the others but I would think they would give more or less some of the same type of info.

There should also be a link (someone just posted it somewhere) where he could look up all the guides and their units, where in turn he could contact them personally and ask for the info. If he's looking for just a data sheet on AK Pen brown bears, I have no idea where he could find one. Maybe the F&G site might have something...???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

4Merguide, Yeah sorry I was meaning on F&G site. They offer it on Kodiak as a zoned out map where each block gives draw odds, Avg. skull size what outfitters work in the area. When I try bringing up the Pen. it says no data.