Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody else draw a DM788?

Default anybody else draw a DM788?

I'm excited as this is the second time I've been drawn for this hunt and the first time I harvested a moose less than a quarter mile from my house! I guess I posted this for no other reason than I'm SUPER pumped and looking forward to September! Also, I guess it would be nice to know who else will be out with a bow in case we see each other.

I did I need to do my research. I will be headed up with the motorhome end of Sept. Pm me
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I drew it as well! First time drawing it so I've got some research to do as well. Sounds like the FMA is hunted pretty hard. Happy to chat with any tag holders, past and present!

Hoping this hunt won't be as hard as the Etolin archery elk hunt I drew as well. That one has me excited and frightened!

I drew the tag as well !! I live in town and have had a few hanging out in my back yard . It's hunted hard for bull but the last two years I didn't have a cow tag and I saw cows all over the place . If anyone needs help let me know I didn't draw anything but this one so I will have time .

Looks like a solid crew so far! If any of you want to throw arrows down range this Summer or want to drive around before or during season, I'm more than game!

Quote Originally Posted by AKcruiserfreak View Post
    Looks like a solid crew so far! If any of you want to throw arrows down range this Summer or want to drive around before or during season, I'm more than game!
    If I did not have to all summer and live 4 hours away I'd be in for slinging arrows.

I've put in for that every year and just can't seem to draw it again. I drew it about 10 years ago and arrowed a nice cow. Saw lots of cows last year milling around while looking for bulls. Never did lay eyes on a bull during the season.

I was drawn for this also. I'll be making the trek north in sept. In the trailer - practice time, and checking out the search function.

Quote Originally Posted by Aksigns View Post
    I was drawn for this also. I'll be making the trek north in sept. In the trailer - practice time, and checking out the search function.
    Can't PM you. You must not have enough post yet. Where you driving up from ?

One of the guys from work said game and fish might not give out the tags for this year . Too few moose, I don't know how I have seen
    3-4 moose a week .

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    I've put in for that every year and just can't seem to draw it again. I drew it about 10 years ago and arrowed a nice cow. Saw lots of cows last year milling around while looking for bulls. Never did lay eyes on a bull during the season.
    I only saw one little fork bull on thanksgiving 2 miles from the road it was -20 and I was by my self . I let him walk haha

Last fall there seemed to be quite a bit fewer moose, we didn't see nearly as many as normal. Even early winter they were still scarce, but we've been seeing lots lately. I have seen a few sets of twins and the calves look healthy. Been an easy winter on them, so hopefully the numbers jump.

I saw a pile of cows last year! Seemed like almost daily and no other hunters. I have a tag for this year as well.

I sure hope uh60's friend is incorrect, I am really looking forward to a moose in the freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Muche View Post
    I saw a pile of cows last year! Seemed like almost daily and no other hunters. I have a tag for this year as well.

I sure hope uh60's friend is incorrect, I am really looking forward to a moose in the freezer.

O me too I would love a fat cow in the freezer

Coming from Juneau, if the blue canoes are still running. Yep. I check in on this place weekly, but my adventures are pretty weak compared to the regulars.

I'll be driving up from Haines for this hunt. I know almost nothing about the area. I applied for the hunt because a trooper told me it was the hunt with the greatest percentage of success in the state. This contrasts to the10% success rate of TM059 (Chilkat Valley) where I normally hunt. I would be interested in any chance for exchange of information, cooperation, or collaboration to increase all of our odds of success.

Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post
    I'll be driving up from Haines for this hunt. I know almost nothing about the area. I applied for the hunt because a trooper told me it was the hunt with the greatest percentage of success in the state. This contrasts to the10% success rate of TM059 (Chilkat Valley) where I normally hunt. I would be interested in any chance for exchange of information, cooperation, or collaboration to increase all of our odds of success.
    If you pm me I could give you a few spots to look at on the map
    or anybody who don't live near Fairbanks and wants a few spots

I drew this one too! I'm pretty pumped about it! I have yet to stick an animal yet with my Bow ( two trips up north with no bou and many morning hunts around fairbanks). my plan is to spend the summer setting up my trail cam in diffrent spots around town.

also I've been to the range at UAF, and I love it! great spot to shoot for those of us who live in town.

I draw tag or the disablied tag every other year it seems like. not bragging gut you have to arrow a cow early, as the rut comes in they seem to dissappear only to pop up again in Nov time frame. I live in North Pole. I am trying to bag one with my recurve. MAKE SURE YOU BRING A BUDDY TO SHOOT THE BULL THAT ALWAYS WALKS IN FRONT OF YOU WHEN YOU HAVE THIS COW PERMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! LAST YEAR i DREW THE DISABLED VET TAG AND ON 29 SEP THERE RIGHT NEXT TO MY TRUCK STOOD A 50-60 INCH BULL MOOSE. WE STOOD AND WATCHED EACH OTHER FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES AT 40-30 YARDS AWAY............. I COULD DO NOTHING AND WATCHED SO BRING A BUDDY HAHHAHAHHAHAHHA

I drew this tag last year and managed a nice cow, but it ended up being more difficult to find a cow than I thought. I lived in Fbks and NP for 7 years and It seemed as though you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a cow moose..... Until the moose got word I got drawn. October was a nice time for this hunt since the HT hunts had closed, leaves had dropped and it wasn't ridiculously hot. Good luck to you guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast