Thread: Palmer Air services

Default Palmer Air services

I drew DG890. A few years ago I flew out with a guy that did the air surveys counts for ADF&G in the Knik area. He had a farm and kept his plane in a hanger/Barn. I have lost his contact info. Does anyone who who this guy is. He was an excellent pilot, and knew the area well.

I am also open to suggestions for an air charter service to get me out in the area. I know I can get in by ATV, but I would like to get away from the crowds. Thanks for the help.

Any tips on the hunt will be greatly appretiated. I did the Lake George hunt and had great success. Never been into jim/friday creek area.
    Take a youngster out when you go, it will change his/her life forever!!

Think you are talking about bill wiederkehr

You are talking about Bill Wiedeker. 745-4002.. John

Yes, thats him. Thanks a bunch
    Take a youngster out when you go, it will change his/her life forever!!

Two strips that I know of - one at headwaters of left fork and one headwaters of right fork. Bill knows both well. He has flown me into both in the past before it was a draw area. Don't glass down in the main valley as you will prob see several moose in the 60"+ range. The left fork offers access also to Metal Glacier and hence to Metal Creek that holds both sheep and goats. Access to Metal Creek is quite problematic (aka "difficult"). Also there is a fair number of blackies back in those drainages but only the rare griz - shot one years ago in Wolverine with 26" skull. Good luck.
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"