Thread: All you need to know about Moose hunting...

Default All you need to know about Moose hunting...

...right here. That's it. Nothing more is required.

rutting bulls sound like an obese man in a truck-stop bathroom, grunting with the effort of relieving himself. A deep, guttural moan with a sort of gasping crescendo

I see an entrepreneur lurking at a Circle J in the midwest with a digital recorder. The splashing and plopping mimics a bull in water. A fortune is there to be made.

your bullet hit the vacancy of gristle north of the shoulder blades

O_o

How to determine if the width is 50 inches or greater remains a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    ...right here. That's it. Nothing more is required.

rutting bulls sound like an obese man in a truck-stop bathroom, grunting with the effort of relieving himself. A deep, guttural moan with a sort of gasping crescendo

I see an entrepreneur lurking at a Circle J in the midwest with a digital recorder. The splashing and plopping mimics a bull in water. A fortune is there to be made.

your bullet hit the vacancy of gristle north of the shoulder blades

O_o

How to determine if the width is 50 inches or greater remains a mystery.
    I'll try and refind a video I watched recently. A client and a guide are set up on a moose to walk through a clearing. The guide tells him.."hit him in the shoulder"... the bullet hits high hump. He was close enough, I have to think that's where he aimed...wow. I get that moose can go a ways after a double lung shot.... but they ALWAYS die.

Luckily(in very heavy brush), the hump shot moose runs to another momentary clear spot and gets double lunged. I winder what survival rate moose have getting hump shot. I know they can go several miles... I'd imagine most die eventually.

I am with you on the high lung shot. I watched a caribou get three rounds above the lungs and below the spine before the guy finally hit lower into the heart lung. No shoulder roasts on that critter.

I just find the word use - prose - in that sentence to be so very odd.