Thread: Parks Hwy fishing with kids

Question Parks Hwy fishing with kids

I get to play Mr. mom for a couple weeks and I am taking the little people camping and fishing. We are going from Fairbanks to Anchorage on Fri-Sun this weekend. The 7 year old already told me we are going to catch 50 kings. Now that I know how many we are going to catch, I need some help with where we are going to catch them. I have not fished the parks before. I will have a 7, 11, and 14 year old with me. I am not sure how well the little ones would do in the combat fishing areas. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Rod

To be honest I would be reluctant to take them for kings. I would check out some streams for trout. many of the mat su streams have trout I like medow creek. For kings you have to hike if you want to avoid combat fishing.

Default Hiking to avoid crowds

Where would be some good locations to hike to on the parks highway streams to avoid crowds for king fishing?

id guess montana creek may be a good place for the little ones. kings are showing up there but not so thick just yet, so the crowds shouldnt be too bad.
    good luck on your adventure!

Default Montana Creek it is

I am headed to Montana creek to camp. If the fishing is not the greatest, then we can just drive to anywhere else. Thanks for the help in deciding guys.