Thread: Kenai Peninsula Mid August

Default Kenai Peninsula Mid August

I have fished on the peninsula only once before, about 3 years go. Fished mostly around cooper landing, and I will be heading back down there to fish this summer from mid-late August. I have fished the dollies in Quartz creek, and reds in the Russian. Does anyone have any ideas for where some decent starting points would be to maybe get into some fish in mid August (not necessarily cooper landing, but anywhere on the peninsula). Is there anything going on in Hope during this time? Where would the silvers typically be in the river systems at this time. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by huntfishtrap247 View Post
    I have fished on the peninsula only once before, about 3 years go. Fished mostly around cooper landing, and I will be heading back down there to fish this summer from mid-late August. I have fished the dollies in Quartz creek, and reds in the Russian. Does anyone have any ideas for where some decent starting points would be to maybe get into some fish in mid August (not necessarily cooper landing, but anywhere on the peninsula). Is there anything going on in Hope during this time? Where would the silvers typically be in the river systems at this time. Thanks in advance!
    Silvers you'll find throughout the lower and possibly the middle reaches of the kenai river. Sterling and or soldotna....plenty of good fishing to be found in the lower KP streams then too like deep creek, the nil ( ninilchik) or anchor rivers, ... The homer spit hole is good too then... Seward salt will just be gettin heated up.... Also look north to the turnagain ark drainages.... Glacier creek, Ingram, bird creek...be prepared for wet wet wet weather and high/ muddy waters..... That is the rainy season here....

Release Lake Trout

There's also the Kasilof for silvers and the Parks Highway Streams and Little Sue for silvers as well. Also, the trout will be hungry on the Parks Highway during that time. The Russian is very good for silvers and rainbows at the end of August.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Thanks guys, any more input? Is there anything going on in hope that time of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by huntfishtrap247 View Post
    Thanks guys, any more input? Is there anything going on in hope that time of the year?
    Dollies and silvers and maybe chums.

Release Lake Trout

Thank you Hunt&Fish

Mid to end of August is my favorite time to be on the peninsula. Fishing silvers with a fly rod on Deep Creek/Anchor/Ninilchik is the best. Small rivers and crazy coho are the best.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson