Thread: Royal Wave oyster farm......2015?

Default Royal Wave oyster farm......2015?

Anybody able to contact Melissa or Troy and confirm that the farm has new owners and they will be out there taking care of those delicious oysters in 2015?
    Wife sent them a message on Fbook and no response back yet.....usually they are looking for volunteers by now, assuming they are involved in the operation again in 2015.
    Thanks,
    Bk

Last I heard they did a couple days switch over with the new owners and Melissa said they were really nice. So???? I'm hoping they will be asking for volunteers and be as nice as Troy and her were. I figured they would get the FB page up and running again too. Guess we will see in a couple months during the shrimp opener.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Troy & Melissa here. We are NOT involved with the oyster farm in any way, shape, or form. Yes, we offered the new caretakers an opportunity to get a new facebook page up and going, but they declined. The owner of the farm would prefer not to use social media and places no value on it. Furthermore, he refers to pleasure boaters and weekend boaters as "puker boats", and would rather not have to deal with them. So I suspect that they will not be selling directly to the public as we did. And now we see that the oyster farm is looking for new caretakers AGAIN. Seems the last caretakers didn't even make it 6 months. Not a big surprise, considering the living conditions and low pay that come with this job. It was a beautiful spot to live and work, and a real pleasure getting to know and serve our customers, but just not worth the pay or work load. I guess at this point, all you can do is get on VHF Ch.16 , call royal wave oyster farm, and hope for the best. GOOD LUCK!!

Yes, I was told Doug and Jessie, the 6 monthers, left out of there with some serious frustrations about the way the owner chose to operate. Hopefully someone else will pick it up.

Man sure liked them oysters from Royal Wave……..I hope someone keeps that operation going. They are a treat to eat fresh from the water

Well I guess Troy and Melissa need to move back since the job is open now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MMSI# 338232859

BaHaHaHaHa........Job is open but still owned by the same person.We definately will miss seeing all of you this summer (that was the hardest part of leaving the island).

Dang!!!
    Will miss you guys this summer, oh.... Troy and Melissa too! (kidding of course, you guys were great.)

Bummer you two won't be back.
    Bk

Thank you.We really enjoyed meeting all the great boater's who stopped by,we met some amazing people,some who we consider friends.We worked hard to make it an enjoyable and learning experience to all who were interested in how things worked out there.Thank you to those of you who offered to bring us supplies when needed and for the volunteers who came out and helped the summer's of 2013 and 2014.Hopefully someone will be able to get things up and running before summer so that you can all continue to enjoy the delicious oyster's !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Wave View Post
    BaHaHaHaHa........Job is open but still owned by the same person.We definately will miss seeing all of you this summer (that was the hardest part of leaving the island).
    We enjoyed getting to know you two over the last couple of seasons. You guys really improved the quality of those oysters. They had been neglected for sure. Hopefully the owner will find new caretakers and will be selling to us recreational boaters. Those oysters are the sweetest oysters I have ever eaten. They are always a treat on our boat. Good luck with your future endeavors.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Any update on the oyster farm? My wife and I didn't get to try them yet, and were planning on dropping in this year. Sure hope they are opened and selling to the recreational boaters again this year!!

AkBillybow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

Not sure either. But hoping to swing by and see Sunday afternoon. They sure are delicious

MMSI# 338232859

Any word on if there are oyster's available for the recreational boaters this season ? Hope you all are able to continue enjoying them.

We never had time to swing by last weekend. But hope to check them out this weekend

MMSI# 338232859