Thread: Alaska Fishing

Default Alaska Fishing

My apologies up front...and maybe I should inquire about this on another AK forum...but

here's what I have in mind:

After doing a coast cruise up from Seattle or Vancouver BC, I arrive in AK...say Anchorage.

Let's say this is mid to late May.

And I want to do 3 or 4 days of serious fresh water fishing somewhere in AK for whatever is running then.Basically wear out my rotator cuff hauling in trout or salmon in some inland streams /rivers and MAYBE getting a glimpse or two of brownies from a distance.

Call it a lower 48 very nice tourist excursion/non hunting trip with a female non-hunting companion who thinks staying at a Hilton or a Marriott is "roughing"it.

Recommendations? Is this a fantasy? What do I need to know?

PMs if you prefer: fredsleezer@comcast.net

Thanks

Flame suit is on...but there must be connections on this board that have have been down this route before.

Find a very, very nice all inclusive lodge... Maybe somewhere in southeast? Sounds like your companion may be more interested in the nordstroms in anch though. My guess is she'll be "roughing it" at the hilton, while you're slicing water in ship creek

Quote Originally Posted by akshootnscoot View Post
    Find a very, very nice all inclusive lodge... Maybe somewhere in southeast? Sounds like your companion may be more interested in the nordstroms in anch though. My guess is she'll be "roughing it" at the hilton, while you're slicing water in ship creek
    You may definitely see some shaggy beasts along ship creek, but not the four legged type . Photograph with caution

Release Lake Trout

Mid May is not a good time to show up. That is too early and things might still be a muddy mess. Later June has less rain and more green.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

We run a very nice all inclusive fly out wilderness lodge based on Iliamna Lake
    Your time line is early for out area. Trout season in the Iliamna and the Katmai area opens June 8 and the salmon do not arrive until late June..

Kenai Drifters out of Coopers Landing might be worth exploring. They are on the upper Kenai and their season may start early enough to work for you.

Jerry Jacques
    Master Guide #110