Thread: What's the difference between the red spotlight and just the regular light?

Default What's the difference between the red spotlight and just the regular light?

I own a spotlight that attaches to my rifle scope for predator hunting. I've tried using it with the red light and without it and I'm wondering if the red makes any difference. I've watched some predator hunting shows using spotlights and I've seen people using both methods. So I'm curious what difference it makes if any, or is it just personal preference. Does the red light prevent the animals from spooking more? The regular white light seems to be brighter and you can see better.

Most animals are not spooked by the red light. A lot of people calling will use the red lens until they see the eyes of the animal glowing then switch to the bright light when the animal is in shooting range.

Red light does not interfere with your night vision, where exposure to white light can take a while to recover your night vision. I've also read that green light can not be seen by most game.