Thread: Jet skis in PWS

Default Jet skis in PWS

I was anchored in Surprise Cove for the afternoon/night on Saturday, and there was some guy racing around the cove on a Jet Ski. It was from a ~70-ft. yacht that was anchored there. I waved the guy over and he said that he was from "the boat", the Jet Ski hadn't been used in 2 years, and the owner had asked him to take it out and see how it runs. I asked him to at least go at idle speed in the cove until he went outside. He seemed ok with that, but then idled a few hundered feet from me before resuming his racing around.

I figured that maybe the yacht was from the Lower 48 or elsewhere, but it it had AK registration and showed Anchorage as the port (on the transom). I suppose PWCs have a "right" to go wherever other boats go, but quiet coves in PWS are not the place for them as far as I'm concerned.

What do you think?

I don't like the jet skis in PWS, of course I don't like the noisy inboard jet boats that always seem to come into the coves in the middle of the night either. Unfortunately both have the right to be there. I guess we should just be happy we're boating in AK and not in the lower 48 where we'd have to deal with ALOT more traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalob View Post
    I don't like the jet skis in PWS, of course I don't like the noisy inboard jet boats that always seem to come into the coves in the middle of the night either. Unfortunately both have the right to be there. I guess we should just be happy we're boating in AK and not in the lower 48 where we'd have to deal with ALOT more traffic.

We just found out from our son in Missouri that on some rivers, it is now illegal to have (New Orleans) beads around your neck and if you have a cooler, it can not contain anymore than 12 beers!!

You bet I am glad to be in Alaska! Sometimes you do run into the inconsiderate types that just don't give a hoot, but Sky was right in pulling him over and at least letting him know how you feel!

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Default before the road

This stuff didn't happen so much before the road was built.

Default Lake Lice

Lake Lice, Thats what I call em....NOISE RATS.....I have been seeing them more and more in PWS. I always carry a wrist-rocket sling shot and a few extra egg sinkers with me for when they come in range. I'm getting to be a pretty good shot too! These guys should start wearing helmets, I could put an eye out. So just a warning, if you ride one, and see me anchored halibut fishing, stay out of range of a wrist-rocket sling shot. Yes they have "rights" too, as do I, but this is not the place for those things. They can all go to Big Lake and play.......

That is some weak stuff... You'll stop doing that when one fires back with his side arm.

The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

Default PWC riders need to carry side-arms in PWS

I pray for the day I can fire back with mine . BTW, those things will sink too. Just ask the guy at Quartz Lake who raced by me and another boat the fourth time while we were trolling for trout. It did how ever take 2 rnds of .410 ga slug, (from a different boat) but it sank

DC45- I HOPE YOUR ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR GETS YOU PUT IN JAIL. DO YOU KICK DOGS AND SMALL CHILDREN AS WELL.
    I DO NOT OWN A PWC AND NEVER HAVE RIDDEN ONE.
    I'M A LONG TIME USER OF PWS. I HAVE SEEN ALOT OF CHANGES IN PWS, SOME GOOD SOME BAD. ROAD GOOD / MORE PEOPLE BAD SAME WITH THE REST OF THE STATE. I WOULD NOT LIKE A PWC OR A ZODIAC BUZZING AROUND A COVE I WAS ANCHORED IN BUT IF I WAS NOT TRYING TO SLEEP WHAT IS THE HARM. I DON'T LIKE OTHER BOATS COMING IN A COVE I'M IN OR EVEN GOING INTO COVE THAT OTHER BOAT IS THERE BUT SOMETIME OTHER GOOD OPTIONS ARE NOT AVAIL. SO I JUST GRIN AND BEAR IT.
    I THINK SKYDIVER HANDLED IT VERY WELL. NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY SOME PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO ACT LIKE A SOUTH END OF A NORTH BOUND HORSE
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default Nimrod

I sent you a PM, I was going to post it public, but I am to ANTI-SOCIAL for that

You have actually shot at another boat, and sank it?
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

Default Dc45

Please post it. I am dying to hear you defend yourself. Condoning shooting at people and sinking their PWC because they annoy you. I'd hate to see you around kids.
    Life is tough........it's alot tougher if you're stupid.

Default Ban DC45

It appears that DC45 is advocating violence. I someone can be banned from posting on this newsgroup, then this "person" should be.

Default Sky...........

You started this! That is what seems too happened when you ask people what they think! If my answer frightens you, then you shouldn’t ask scary questions.

And don't worry, I won't tell any of you "what I think" anymore. But I must admit, it has been very very fun getting a rise out of all of you. If the weather was better I'd been fishing or bear hunting instead of playing on the internet.