Thread: Nosler 338Mag 250gr. Partition Gold

Default Nosler 338Mag 250gr. Partition Gold

Anyone with experience with thisbullet. I can buysome for what I think is a good price, $25/50.

Are they moly coated or uncoated? I picked up some moly coated ones on close out for about $7.50 per 50, so I bought 200 of them for a 338 Ultra. I haven't loaded them yet because I'm not sure I want to deal with the clean-up issues. If they were uncoated I wouldn't hesitate to buy a couple hundred if I could get the price down a little. The problem would be, once they are gone there will be no more so there is little point in buying a box to see if you like them. It will be interesting to see if anyone has used these and how they performed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer55 View Post
    I'm not sure I want to deal with the clean-up issues. If they were uncoated I wouldn't hesitate to buy a couple hundred if I could get the price down a little.
    Easy fix. I bought some from Midway for that price. GREAT DEAL. I didn't want to deal with the moly either, and tried many many things to get it off the bullets.

Then I had a brainstorm. Tossed a handful of regular old sand into the tumbler, tossed a box of bullets in, and tumbled for 20 minutes.

Presto! The moly is gone. The bullets have sort of an etched look to them, not shiney at all. I think they are made that way so the moly will stick to them.

They still mik right at .338 and shoot great.