Thread: Glock 20 6 inch

Default Glock 20 6 inch

My buddy just ordered a factory 6inch barrel for his glock 20. Will it just protrude beyond the slide or does he need a 6 inch slide. It's gonna be ugly if the barrel protrudes more than an inch beyond the slide......I would think.

He asked me and I'm ignorant on the matter so I'm asking you guys!

Thanks in advance. EKC

Yes the barrel is going to extend beyond the end of the slide. While his FPS might improve, he will still have the short sight radius. While it will cost MORE, the newly released G40 will make a good option for those that shoot 10mm in the Glock. Let us know how his longer barrel does shoot.

G40 is a nice long slide. I've been using my G20 with a 6" barrel for years and it shoots very well and gets a few extra FPS over the stock barrel. I have a Barsto which is also more accurate with cast 200 gr. Looking at the G40 with a red dot makes me think it's just extra weight with the red dot but the long slide gives some advantage with stock sights. I have a G35 and it is a great gun too but I really don't shoot it any better than my G23 even with the longer sight radius. To each his own, but the long slides are not as easy to carry or as handy...IMHO.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

I would save my money for the new G 40. It is a six bbl and other nice features. It's the same length as my G17 L and will likely fit the same holster. I have a G41 which is the 45 ACP, 5.3" slim slide and it fits my G34 holster and the G41 is great. I have a G20 SF which I carry a lot but that stretch model G40 gen 4 would be very nice. I have one on order thru GT Distributing with my GSSF coupon but not in stock yet. I'm excited about a 15 shot 6" bbl 10mm.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I would save my money for the new G 40. It is a six bbl and other nice features. It's the same length as my G17 L and will likely fit the same holster. I have a G41 which is the 45 ACP, 5.3" slim slide and it fits my G34 holster and the G41 is great. I have a G20 SF which I carry a lot but that stretch model G40 gen 4 would be very nice. I have one on order thru GT Distributing with my GSSF coupon but not in stock yet. I'm excited about a 15 shot 6" bbl 10mm.
    I have killed several deer the last few years with my Glock 22/40S&W shooting either Federal Premium 180 gr HST JHPs or Speer 180 grain Gold Dot HPs. Neither of these penetrate for shucks but I limit my self to broadside bow range boiler room shots. They will shoot clear through a broadside deer and leave a short blood trail. I shot a doe this year with my 44 with 240 grain XTP. I guess I forgot what they were like. It was a broadside shot just like with what I've gotten used to with my Glock only difference was it knocked her clear off her feet in one of those boom flop deals. I was intending to let my friend go first and buy the barrel which he did and then when fishing season starts and his mood changes I'd help him afford another boat motor and get his 10mm rig at a discount. I've got someone pestering me about buying my little blackhawk. Hmmmm? Maybe I'll sell it to him and order a long barreled G40. Murphy do you know when they are suppose to hit the shelves?

I have killed every deer that I have shot with my 40 S&W but I have had to let a few go because the angle was not perfect. I'm think the 10mm would make up that difference. So would anything other than a HP in the 40 but I like that big exit hole for making them leak go-juice.

I have entertained the thought of a 10mm for a long time. Maybe it's time.

I've had no problems with hard cast 180 or 200 gr 10mm bullets in the G20 go thru and thru on deer. I have had one get up and stagger a bit before it dropped...kinda like a good arrow kill thru the lungs. I have not seen bang flop like you might get with the XTP's but the cast bullets shoot good and kill just fine in the 10mm. I had one straight thru the front of the chest and exited thru the hip and it didn't go down right away but only went about 30 yds with no blood trail, but the internal damage was significant...but then I've had the same results with the 44 mag and the hard cast Keith bullet...end results is a dead deer.

I think the 40 S&W will do the same thing with hard cast bullets but I have never tried it on animals. 180gr at 900 should work fine but you probably won't get the shock that an XTP will give...worth a try.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.