Thread: Kenai/Russian River Camp Ground

Default Kenai/Russian River Camp Ground

Can anyone suggest a campground on the Kenai River that offers tent sites? Prefer something close to the Russian River as we plan to hit both areas.

Thanks

Drake

That whole "no tents" thing at the Russian is a bummer. Try Cooper Creek. It's only a couple of miles away from the Russian. You'll find good fishing right at the campground during the second run. Tent sites are limited. Here's some info.

http://www.tripleblaze.com/camping/p...ground.php/892

Hey drake also a really nice campground about 6 miles from the russian is quartz creek. You can make reservations at www.reserve.gov
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default This is the correct address drake

Hey drake also a really nice campground about 6 miles from the russian is quartz creek. You can make reservations at www.recreation.gov
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

You can tent camp at the Russian River Campground this year (so far). I was there last week and asked about tents and they told me they are fine this year until further notice. There has been no trouble so far with bears in the campground. We saw several tent camps while we were there from the 11th to the 14th.

Yep, I camped in a tent at the Russian on the night of the 13th and had a great time. Perfect spot, as we couldn't see or hear our nearest neighbor. Was my first time ever paying for a campsite, but beyond that it wasn't so bad.