Thread: Tired of combat fishing during summer?

Default Tired of combat fishing during summer?

Try a more rural area. The Goodnews, Togiak and Arolik River are very rural and u won't see another person for a few miles. Fishing is as good as the scenery and Iam lucky enough to fish the Goodnews River all year! Ice fishing and fly tying are no longer working for my fly fishing jones and I can't wait for break up to kayak and river range. I may try my hand at guiding but that might cut into my fishing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Silvers View Post
    Try a more rural area. The Goodnews, Togiak and Arolik River are very rural and u won't see another person for a few miles. Fishing is as good as the scenery and Iam lucky enough to fish the Goodnews River all year! Ice fishing and fly tying are no longer working for my fly fishing jones and I can't wait for break up to kayak and river range. I may try my hand at guiding but that might cut into my fishing lol
    Just curious, but how does name dropping rivers on the internet that you enjoy for their remoteness and solitude help them keep those attributes?

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    Just curious, but how does name dropping rivers on the internet that you enjoy for their remoteness and solitude help them keep those attributes?
    I don't think any of those rivers could be classified as"secret" Granted I think itís pretty obvious that if you don't likecombat fishing you need to get off the road system, no secret there!

I didn't say they were secret, as for name dropping these rivers are remote enough for most not to travel here

Oh dear.

This could be fun.

Boat no ,plane no ,so I won't be there😕many more just like me.😉
    Got to look good even in defeat. IMAGE is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Silvers View Post
    I didn't say they were secret, as for name dropping these rivers are remote enough for most not to travel here
    What is the point in this post? Just to name your favorite rivers? Rivers most people can't afford to get to? Rivers which are the traditional domain of Yupik people from which they get their sustenance?
    We all have favorite places, we usually don't just announce them out of the blue. Seems like you have an agenda...

There are many options for off road some more costly than others. Research and questions can get you good info. Living off the road system is a great way to enjoy the local fishing, I know I grew up on the Naknek River, and you don't need a full service lodge to enjoy much of Alaska. Floating is a great way to see and fish waters in bush Alaska but you need to research it well and pay attention to water levels coming up to the date of your fly out because when the plane takes off you will be on your own till the take out spot.

George

Chill dude i have no agenda. I am Yupik and love to fly fish, wouldn't mind a bit of company on the river either. I live on the Goodnews river most of the year fly fishing or ice fishing. I go with friends or by myself with kayak or my own two feet on the atv trail